Women in IT Security: Eight Women to Watch
Diana L. Burley is a full professor of human and organizational learning at The George Washington University, and executive director and chair of the Institute for Information Infrastructure Protection (I3P), a consortium of universities, national laboratories and nonprofit institutions dedicated to strengthening the cyber infrastructure of the U.S.
Prior, she managed a computer science education and research portfolio and led the Cyber Corps program for the U.S. National Science Foundation. She co-chairs the ACM/IEEE-Computer Society Joint Task Force on Cybersecurity Education and, in 2013, served as co-chair of the U.S. National Research Council Committee on Professionalizing the Nation’s Cybersecurity Workforce.
Widely cited in the media, Dr. Burley is also an in-demand speaker at industry gatherings, most recentlyat tech panelshosted by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security’s Cyber Security Division, and(ISC)2.
She has been the recipient of a number of awards and honors and has authored 75 publications on cybersecurity, information sharing and IT-enabled change.
Jennifer Stisa Granick is an attorney, educator and the director of civil liberties for the Center for Internet and Society(CIS) atStanford Law School. A prominent advocate for intellectual propertylaw,free speech andprivacy, she has represented a number of high-profilehackers, including internet activistAaron Swartz.
Beginning her legal work at the statepublic defender’s office, she then became a trial attorney before shifting to a private practice where she specialized in defending cases involvingcomputer crime. In 2001, she also began teaching cyber law at Stanford University. Granick was the civil liberties director at theElectronic Frontier Foundationfrom 2007 to 2010 and then an attorney at ZwillGen, where she specialized in internet security issues.
Most recently, Granick was in the news for her work on a case seeking to reveal how the government proceeds in matters of domestic snooping and how it strong arms companies into cooperating with federal efforts to thwart cryptography.
Dawn-Marie Hutchinson, executive director for the office of the CISO at Optiv, recognizes the potential security crisis that complements the growth of the Internet of Things (IoT). As our devices increasingly become tethered to the internet, she says, not enough people are concerned about the security implications and the risks presented.
“I was blown away to hear most people don’t think [the IoT is] really a thing yet,” she said in May at Interop during a presentation on securing enterprise infrastructure.
The former head of information security at Urban Outfitter has more than 15 years of achievement in healthcare, retail, technology, and professional services sectors. Her extensive experience in cybersecurity and risk management transfers to the board room where she is fluent in speaking with board members about the risks the company faces so the approporiate decisions can be made to enhance business strategy, improve supply chain operations and manage enterprise risk.
Jeannette Jarvis, director of product management at Intel Security, is a huge proponent of threat intelligence sharing, and she predicts it will rise this year as a primary strategy for mitigating cyberattacks.
“Sharing threat intelligence shifts the balance of power away from the adversaries and back to us, the defenders, Jarvis said.
Adversaries have more information about our defenses than we have about their attacks, and this asymmetry significantly influences threatdefenseeffectiveness,” she told the World Economic Forum. “Attacks can be tested againstsecuritydefenses with impunity, whether in laboratories or deployedsystems. Preventing attackers fromtestingagainst us is very difficult and possibly unsolvable.”
Jarvis told the forum that in order to improve our cyber defenses, the industry must cooperate. “Crowdsourced threat intelligence and collaborative analytics help connect the dots and form better pictures of what is happening in the attack landscape. 2017 will be the year in which threat intelligence sharing makes its most significant strides.”
Armed with a master’s degree in global affairs, transnational security from NYU, Alex Kassirer lent her expertise on the Anderson Cooper 360 show before becoming a terrorism analyst at NBC News as well as a senior analyst, lead on counterterrorism at Flashpoint.
Her ability to dig deep into areas of the Dark Web where most computer users never venture, along with her fluency in Arabic, enables her to keeps tabs on the online presence of jihadists who engage in hacking and cybercrime. This includes AlQaeda, ISIS and other terrorist movements, as well as nation-state actors. This reconnaissance includes getting vetted to be granted entree into underground forums and then communicating with the actors so as to interpret how they think and might act.
Frequently cited on cyber terrorism issues in the media, she was recently profiled in the The New York Times and was included among “54 Amazing Women” in Glamour magazine.
Law firms are always scanning the horizon, and cybersecurity is not only a goliath, but it is a goliath that is never going away, Nelson told an industry publication. We are here to stay in the digital world, and data is black gold. Data is the new oil, and having seen that, law firms are very responsive.
She maintains a cybersecurity and electronic evidence blog, Ride the Lightning, and is a co-host of two Legal Talk Network podcast series:The Digital Edge: Lawyers and Technologyand Digital Detectives.
With more than 15 years in the security field, Wendi Whitmore, global partner & lead at IBM X-Force Incident Response & Intelligence Services (IRIS), has diverse experience to arm her in efforts in the global incident response, proactive services and intelligence teams within IBM Services.
Prior, Wendi was a VP at CrowdStrike Services, where she was responsible for professional service offerings and engagements. That included critical security breach response for Fortune 500 companies and the federal government. She spent six years at Mandiant and prior was a special agent conducting computer crime investigations with the Air Force Office of Special Investigations.
A frequent speaker at industry gatherings, including the fourth annual Women in Cybersecurity Conference (WiCyS), held in May in Tucson, as well as SANS, BlackHat, DoD Cybercrime and the FBI National Infragard Conference, she also has been widely cited in the media on the topics of online privacy and consumer awareness.
After a dozen years as a senior researcher at the National Security Agency, Ellison Anne Williams left to found and take the CEO title at Enveil, a data protection company that uses homomorphic crypto to protect data interactions including search and analytic.Or, as she puts it, “does cool stuff with massive amounts of data.”
The company certainly reached an early milestone when it was named a runner-upin theRSAConferenceInnovation Sandbox Contest 2017 for its “pioneering work in data security.” It was the youngest company to compete in the competition and was selected from a roster of more than 300 startups. This is the first time in over 20 years of work into homomorphic encryption that this kind of scale has been achieved, Williams said at the event.
Fortified with masters degrees in mathematics and computer science, and a Ph.D. in mathematics, Ellison Anne Williams in 2009 authored The Use of Neural Networks in Intrusion Detection.
- Download COMODO Internet Security 184.108.40.20644 - softpedia.com - January 31st, 2019
- Avast Internet Security Review 2018 - We Hate Malware - November 8th, 2018
- Security Packages | High-Speed Internet | Windstream - November 8th, 2018
- Antivirus vs Internet Security [Security Software Comparison] - November 8th, 2018
- Internet Security Lectures by Prabhaker Mateti - November 8th, 2018
- Vipre Internet Security 2016 Free Download - Softlay - November 8th, 2018
- Internet security software Reviews 2018 - Compared & Reviewed - November 2nd, 2018
- Exhibit A - Internet Security Requirements - November 2nd, 2018
- CIS Benchmarks - Center for Internet Security - November 2nd, 2018
- Kaspersky Internet Security 2018 Crack + License Key [Latest] - October 12th, 2018
- Zillya! Internet Security | Best Security Solution for Active ... - October 12th, 2018
- Download Norton Internet Security 220.127.116.11 - softpedia.com - October 9th, 2018
- Avast Internet Security 2018 Activation Code, Serial Key Till ... - October 9th, 2018
- Download Avast Internet Security 18.6.2349 Build 18.6.3983 ... - October 9th, 2018
- Download McAfee Internet Security 19.0 Build 19.0.4016 - October 3rd, 2018
- AVG Internet Security 2018 Free Download - FileHippo - October 3rd, 2018
- Internet Security - Quick Heal - October 3rd, 2018
- Kaspersky Internet Security 2019 v18.104.22.1688 | Software ... - October 3rd, 2018
- VIPRE Internet Security Review & Comparison - September 22nd, 2018
- Internet Security Suite | Verizon Internet - September 20th, 2018
- Antivirus Security Software & Internet Security - Newegg.com - September 19th, 2018
- Amazon Best Sellers: Best Internet Security Suites - September 7th, 2018
- Download Bitdefender Internet Security 2019 22.214.171.124 - August 24th, 2018
- Best (and Worst) Internet Security Software of 2018 for Windows - August 18th, 2018
- Amazon.com: Kaspersky Internet Security 2018 | 3 Device | 1 ... - August 8th, 2018
- AVG Internet Security - Free download and software reviews ... - August 3rd, 2018
- Top 3 Internet Security Software Suites Reviews ... - July 26th, 2018
- GRC | LeakTest -- Firewall Leakage Tester - July 26th, 2018
- Internet Security is an important part of Identity Theft ... - June 22nd, 2018
- V3 Internet Security | AhnLab - June 22nd, 2018
- Internet Security with Xfinity - Norton Security Online - June 17th, 2018
- Best Internet Security Software Compared - May 25th, 2018
- Computer and internet security software Chili Security - May 21st, 2018
- Internet Security Market Size, Share and Technology, 2021 - May 21st, 2018
- Center for Internet Security - Wikipedia - May 10th, 2018
- Download Webroot SecureAnywhere Antivirus & Internet ... - May 1st, 2018
- AVG Internet Security 2018 review | Ultimate antivirus ... - April 29th, 2018
- The Internet Security Academy - SAHCOM Technologies LLP - April 27th, 2018
- These files can't be opened. Your Internet security ... - April 20th, 2018
- How to Uninstall Norton Internet Security: 12 Steps - April 20th, 2018
- Internet Security Software at Office Depot OfficeMax - April 19th, 2018
- Why is Internet security important? | Reference.com - March 26th, 2018
- AVG Internet Security Unlimited 2018 18.2.3827 20% OFF ... - March 25th, 2018
- Trend Micro Titanium Internet Security - Download - March 21st, 2018
- Kaspersky Mobile Antivirus: AppLock & Web Security ... - March 21st, 2018
- Why do I Need Internet Security - The High Tech Society - March 21st, 2018
- Cincinnati Bell - Other Services Support - March 21st, 2018
- Internet Security Essentials for Business 2.0 | U.S ... - March 21st, 2018
- ESET Internet Security 10.0.386.0 Crack + License Keys ... - March 21st, 2018
- Privacy and Security in the Internet Age | WIRED - March 19th, 2018
- News & Events | K9 Web Protection - Free Internet Filter ... - March 19th, 2018
- 10 Internet Security Programs (for Windows), Ranked Best ... - March 7th, 2018
- AVG Internet Security 2015 Free Download - getintopc.com - March 3rd, 2018
- McAfee Internet Security Download - softpedia.com - February 28th, 2018
- COMODO Internet Security Download - softpedia.com - January 30th, 2018
- Best Internet Security Software 2018 - The best rated ... - January 28th, 2018
- Comodo Antivirus - Best Virus Removal Software 2018 - January 13th, 2018
- ZoneAlarm Antivirus Software | Virus Protection & Firewall - January 13th, 2018
- What Is the Meaning of Internet Security? | Techwalla.com - January 12th, 2018
- Download Avast Internet Security 17.7.2314 - FileHippo.com - January 12th, 2018
- Vipre Antivirus VIPRE Internet Security - January 12th, 2018
- AVG Internet Security 2018 License Key With Crack Full Version - January 8th, 2018
- CA Internet Security Suite Plus - Download - December 27th, 2017
- Collaborative Security: An approach to tackling Internet ... - December 27th, 2017
- Norton Internet Security - Download - December 20th, 2017
- Best Internet Security 2017 - Total Security Software for ... - December 20th, 2017
- Get the Best Internet Security Software of 2016! - December 20th, 2017
- Internet Security Administrator: Job Description and Requirements - December 19th, 2017
- Top 10 Cheap Antivirus and Internet Security Protection for ... - December 19th, 2017
- Download AVG Internet Security Unlimited - FileHippo.com - December 19th, 2017
- Norton Internet Security - softpedia.com - December 19th, 2017
- Internet Security - Cisco - December 19th, 2017
- Best Antivirus Software, Internet Security & Malware Removal - December 19th, 2017
- internet security | eBay - October 26th, 2017
- Avast Internet Security Download - softpedia.com - October 20th, 2017
- Internet Security Software | Trend Micro - October 3rd, 2017
- Lenovo Faces No Significant Penalty for Security-Destroying Superfish Debacle - ExtremeTech - September 7th, 2017
- 25% Upside Seen In Palo Alto, Argus Research Upgrades To Buy - Benzinga - September 5th, 2017
- How to: Your essential guide to internet security - PC Authority - September 5th, 2017
- Internet security startup founded by former CIA analyst raises $40 million - San Francisco Business Times - September 2nd, 2017