Have you ever thought about why you really need to have Internet security on your computer? Have you ever found yourself asking the question What is Internet security anyway? Well, Im here to tell you the reason why you should protect your computer with security software. Ill also show you how you can secure computer from viruses, Malware and Spyware.
Internet security protects your computer from malicious attacks from the Internet. There are several forms of these attacks, which I will dive into later in this article. If your computer is not secure, your computer may become infected. If your computer becomes infected, it can cause operational problems. It may even render your computer completely inoperable.
The answer to this question is yes. If you go in the internet, you need to have your computer secured. I mean, if you want your personal information to stay safe, you must have Internet security.
Internet security not only protects your computer, it protects your personal information.
Say, for instance, you log into your bank account, or PayPal account. If your computer is infected with Spyware, specifically a keylogger, every keystroke is recorded. Now, you just logged into your personal account, typed in your username and password and BAM! It was just logged and sent to the hacker. They now have the information they need to wipe your account clean.
Hackers can do this to anything you log into. Ever wonder why your e-mailbox started spamming people? Well, you probably got hit by a keylogger. This is just one more reason why you need to have Internet security on your computer.
Well, Internet security will protect your computer from many forms of malicious software and viruses. As I mentioned above, keyloggers can cause massive damage to your personal accounts. However, they are not the only thing you need to worry about when it comes to protecting your computer.
Malwareis short for the term Malicious Software. What Malware does is it tricks your computer into secretly downloading software without you knowing it was downloaded. This software is then installed to your computer. Once installed, the result can be devastating. Malware comes in many forms, such as Adware, Botnets, Rootkits, Spyware, Trojans, and Viruses.Trust me; you dont want your computer to become infected with one of these types of Malware.
Think of it this way. Would you leave your front door open, whether you are home or not? I didnt think so. So, why would you leave your computer open for an attack? Without internet security, its like leaving your computers back door wide open.
Preventing Malware from getting on your computer is simple. Its called Anti Virus Software. If you access the internet, you bet your bottom dollar, that you better have some kind of virus protection in place. There are several free and trial versions of software available for download from the Internet. A few top of the top trial and free downloads are:
No Internet security software protection + a sneaky neighbor = your neighbor receiving free internet service. And if he/she is smart, they can gain access to your documents and programs through your network. Make sure you protect your computers access points by requiring a security code to connect to your computer. People who steal or piggyback off your Internet service are often called piggybackers.
The way to prevent someone from piggybacking off your Internet service is to use the security settings that came with your router. These settings are known as your (WEP) Wired Equivalent Privacy and (WAP) Wireless Application Protocol (WAP). They are the security settings that you can set up in your computers internet security settings.
You can easily set up a Wireless Router or Access Point. These steps will help you set up a wireless security network. Its quite simple, really.
Begin with these steps:
Note: This IP address is a default gateway for every wireless router or modem. Look on your router or modems box.
You will be prompted to enter a user name and password. If you know this information enter it.
Note: Generally you will find the username and password for your router or modem on the box. Sometimes it is located on the back of the modem or router itself. If you still have trouble finding your routers information,click here. This will take you to Router Passwords website. Just choose your router or modem from the dropdown menu and you will get a list of the generic usernames and passwords for that particular model.
Once you are logged in, follow these steps.
Note: The security key can be found on the back of your router or on the routers box.
Note: I recommend that you choose a password around 21 characters. Make certain that your password contains at least two numbers, two symbols, and two capital letters. A strong password looks like this (i9Km0T!Wbe7Bx$qY5nhAz). The longer and more confusing you make your password, the harder it is to figure it out. It should be so complex, that even someone using a password creator to gain access to your internet service, will not be able to figure out the password. This will now be the password youll need to access your wireless Internet connection.
Once the network connection is reestablished you will be asked to enter your new security passcode.
Your Windows Internet Security box should pop up. Simply enter your new username and password. You should now be broadcasting on a secured Internet connection.
You can also go one step further in securing your internet connection; however, it is not always necessary. If you wish to have your internet connections visibility removed when searching for available networks, do the following.
Internet security is vital to the protection of your personal information stored on your computer. It is the only thing that stands between your computer and unauthorized users attempting to access your internet connection.
Make sure you are protected by following the steps outlined in this article. As mentioned before, dont leave your computers back door open to intruders. Lock it down and protect it.
If you still find yourself wondering, What is Internet security, you may find my other article about virus protection quite helpful.
See the rest here:
Why do I Need Internet Security – The High Tech Society
- Avast Internet Security Review 2018 - We Hate Malware - November 8th, 2018
- Security Packages | High-Speed Internet | Windstream - November 8th, 2018
- Antivirus vs Internet Security [Security Software Comparison] - November 8th, 2018
- Internet Security Lectures by Prabhaker Mateti - November 8th, 2018
- Vipre Internet Security 2016 Free Download - Softlay - November 8th, 2018
- Internet security software Reviews 2018 - Compared & Reviewed - November 2nd, 2018
- Exhibit A - Internet Security Requirements - November 2nd, 2018
- CIS Benchmarks - Center for Internet Security - November 2nd, 2018
- Kaspersky Internet Security 2018 Crack + License Key [Latest] - October 12th, 2018
- Zillya! Internet Security | Best Security Solution for Active ... - October 12th, 2018
- Download Norton Internet Security 126.96.36.199 - softpedia.com - October 9th, 2018
- Avast Internet Security 2018 Activation Code, Serial Key Till ... - October 9th, 2018
- Download Avast Internet Security 18.6.2349 Build 18.6.3983 ... - October 9th, 2018
- Download McAfee Internet Security 19.0 Build 19.0.4016 - October 3rd, 2018
- AVG Internet Security 2018 Free Download - FileHippo - October 3rd, 2018
- Internet Security - Quick Heal - October 3rd, 2018
- Kaspersky Internet Security 2019 v188.8.131.528 | Software ... - October 3rd, 2018
- VIPRE Internet Security Review & Comparison - September 22nd, 2018
- Internet Security Suite | Verizon Internet - September 20th, 2018
- Antivirus Security Software & Internet Security - Newegg.com - September 19th, 2018
- Amazon Best Sellers: Best Internet Security Suites - September 7th, 2018
- Download Bitdefender Internet Security 2019 184.108.40.206 - August 24th, 2018
- Best (and Worst) Internet Security Software of 2018 for Windows - August 18th, 2018
- Amazon.com: Kaspersky Internet Security 2018 | 3 Device | 1 ... - August 8th, 2018
- AVG Internet Security - Free download and software reviews ... - August 3rd, 2018
- Top 3 Internet Security Software Suites Reviews ... - July 26th, 2018
- GRC | LeakTest -- Firewall Leakage Tester - July 26th, 2018
- Internet Security is an important part of Identity Theft ... - June 22nd, 2018
- V3 Internet Security | AhnLab - June 22nd, 2018
- Internet Security with Xfinity - Norton Security Online - June 17th, 2018
- Best Internet Security Software Compared - May 25th, 2018
- Computer and internet security software Chili Security - May 21st, 2018
- Internet Security Market Size, Share and Technology, 2021 - May 21st, 2018
- Center for Internet Security - Wikipedia - May 10th, 2018
- Download Webroot SecureAnywhere Antivirus & Internet ... - May 1st, 2018
- AVG Internet Security 2018 review | Ultimate antivirus ... - April 29th, 2018
- The Internet Security Academy - SAHCOM Technologies LLP - April 27th, 2018
- These files can't be opened. Your Internet security ... - April 20th, 2018
- How to Uninstall Norton Internet Security: 12 Steps - April 20th, 2018
- Internet Security Software at Office Depot OfficeMax - April 19th, 2018
- Why is Internet security important? | Reference.com - March 26th, 2018
- AVG Internet Security Unlimited 2018 18.2.3827 20% OFF ... - March 25th, 2018
- Trend Micro Titanium Internet Security - Download - March 21st, 2018
- Kaspersky Mobile Antivirus: AppLock & Web Security ... - March 21st, 2018
- Cincinnati Bell - Other Services Support - March 21st, 2018
- Internet Security Essentials for Business 2.0 | U.S ... - March 21st, 2018
- ESET Internet Security 10.0.386.0 Crack + License Keys ... - March 21st, 2018
- Privacy and Security in the Internet Age | WIRED - March 19th, 2018
- News & Events | K9 Web Protection - Free Internet Filter ... - March 19th, 2018
- 10 Internet Security Programs (for Windows), Ranked Best ... - March 7th, 2018
- AVG Internet Security 2015 Free Download - getintopc.com - March 3rd, 2018
- McAfee Internet Security Download - softpedia.com - February 28th, 2018
- COMODO Internet Security Download - softpedia.com - January 30th, 2018
- Best Internet Security Software 2018 - The best rated ... - January 28th, 2018
- Comodo Antivirus - Best Virus Removal Software 2018 - January 13th, 2018
- ZoneAlarm Antivirus Software | Virus Protection & Firewall - January 13th, 2018
- What Is the Meaning of Internet Security? | Techwalla.com - January 12th, 2018
- Download Avast Internet Security 17.7.2314 - FileHippo.com - January 12th, 2018
- Vipre Antivirus VIPRE Internet Security - January 12th, 2018
- AVG Internet Security 2018 License Key With Crack Full Version - January 8th, 2018
- CA Internet Security Suite Plus - Download - December 27th, 2017
- Collaborative Security: An approach to tackling Internet ... - December 27th, 2017
- Norton Internet Security - Download - December 20th, 2017
- Best Internet Security 2017 - Total Security Software for ... - December 20th, 2017
- Get the Best Internet Security Software of 2016! - December 20th, 2017
- Internet Security Administrator: Job Description and Requirements - December 19th, 2017
- Top 10 Cheap Antivirus and Internet Security Protection for ... - December 19th, 2017
- Download AVG Internet Security Unlimited - FileHippo.com - December 19th, 2017
- Norton Internet Security - softpedia.com - December 19th, 2017
- Internet Security - Cisco - December 19th, 2017
- Best Antivirus Software, Internet Security & Malware Removal - December 19th, 2017
- internet security | eBay - October 26th, 2017
- Avast Internet Security Download - softpedia.com - October 20th, 2017
- Internet Security Software | Trend Micro - October 3rd, 2017
- Lenovo Faces No Significant Penalty for Security-Destroying Superfish Debacle - ExtremeTech - September 7th, 2017
- 25% Upside Seen In Palo Alto, Argus Research Upgrades To Buy - Benzinga - September 5th, 2017
- How to: Your essential guide to internet security - PC Authority - September 5th, 2017
- Internet security startup founded by former CIA analyst raises $40 million - San Francisco Business Times - September 2nd, 2017
- CyberRehab's mission? To clean up the internet, one ASN block at a time - The Register - September 2nd, 2017
- Kaspersky Lab launched updated versions of Kaspersky Internet ... - Software Testing News - September 1st, 2017