More and more sophisticated cyber attacks have rendered antivirus-type security solutions useless. While the majority of antivirus products offer protection against various types of malware, they become pointless in the face of targeted attacks from hackers.
When that happens, Internet Security-type solutions come to save the day. These deliver complete protection from different types of cyber threats, like: spam, hacking, spyware and phishing.
Since they come with many more features than your regular antivirus software, the price of Internet security solutions is usually high. However, if you want to buy something like that, you need to consider its advantages.
Before we reveal the best Internet Security solution of 2018 for Windows 7, 8 and 10, well tell you when to even consider buying this kind of security solution instead of a regular top-rated antivirus.
Choosing antivirus software may be difficult if youre a home user. Why? Because security solutions against viruses are hard to test and compare by a regular user. Especially when the process requires a certain amount of time before reaching clear conclusions. If you are a home user, this post on the best security products might help you.
Heres when youll need an Internet Security solution:
One of the most frequent questions regarding security software applications has to do with the differences between an antivirus and a Security solution solution.
Normally, security software manufacturers create applications in a modular way. Different protection modules are either integrated or not in the suites these manufacturers offer. The rules well talk about arent found universally. Some manufacturers of antivirus solutions prefer to group the protection modules in other ways.
Generally, an antivirus keeps you safe from viruses, files infected with malware and websites affected by different types of viruses. The protection offered by an antivirus can be resumed to the three big types of threats mentioned earlier.
Internet Security software suites come with a series of bonus modules compared to what antiviruses deliver. Here are some of them:
The table below shows a comparative analysis we did between antivirus protection systems and Internet Security ones. The comparison was performed by looking at the most frequent features integrated in these security products. Sometimes, some modules are also to be found in the best antivirus suites, even if our table doesnt show this.
Attention! These modules arent available with every Internet Security solutions out there. They can vary depending on the manufacturer. Make sure to choose the security solution that works best for you when you decide to buy one.
We tested some Internet Security software solutions on different operating systems (Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, 8 and 10) to answer the following question: Which is the best Internet Security protection suite?
In case you decide to buy or test an Internet Security solution, visit its manufacturers website and check the tables with comparative features. These show every capability each security suite has. We also recommend checking the differences between these manufacturers antivirus software versions and Internet Security versions.
Some of them have antivirus solutions with multiple interesting features. Remember this and dont necessarily rush into buying one Internet Security solution over the other. First, check whether or not the antivirus suites deliver the protection you as a user actually need.
For instance, if you dont have kids, you will never require something with parental control. Should you not have a webcam attached to your PC, the webcam protection options a security solution suite offers are pointless.
Just as in the case of the comparative analysis of antivirus solutions, identifying the best Internet Security suite took quite long. We tested well-known security solutions and the ones created by less known software manufacturers. Security companies have already launched version 2018 of their applications. The latter have already been available ever since the middle of 2017.
To better find the best Internet Security software solutions of 2017 and 2018, we considered the following:
Heres a top of the best 2017 applications after we performed our tests:
Score: 9.9 / 10As soon as we received the results for our tests, it was no surprise that Bitdefender Internet Security 2018 came on our top of the best Internet protection suites. Compared to the Antivirus version (whose detailed review ishere), the new Bitdefender Internet Security suite features new functionalities:
Here are the advantages of the Bitdefender Internet Security 2018: very easy configuration, excellent scanning speed and minimal impact on system resources.
Bitdefender offer the best Internet Security solution we tested. This top rated security suite has an excellent price for its features: only $49.99 for up to 3 devices. You shouldnt miss out on such a good deal.
If you want extended protection against computer theft, the Bitdefender Total Security version is what you need. The new module offers the possibility to remotely access any stolen or lost PC when the latter is connected to the Internet. The application can be found here.
Our rating: 9.9/10
Compatibility:Windows 7 (SP 1), 8, 8.1 and 10
Price: $49.99 / 3 devices
Score: 9.8 / 10Number two of our best Internet Security software is something created by Symantec, namely Norton SecurityDeluxe 2018. Here are the bonus features which the Antivirus version doesnt offer:
Some of the advantages of this suite are its excellent stability, great scanning speed and an easy to perform configuration.
Norton Security Deluxe is an excellent choice for users who want to protect their computer and personal data against destruction or intrusion. For only $39.99 for 5 devices (PC / Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1 and 10 / Mac), you can be sure your important information is kept safe from every kind of cyber attack.
Our rating: 9.8/10
Compatibility:iOS, Android, Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1 and 10
Price: $39.99 / 5 devices
Score: 9.7 / 10
Veteran Kaspersky couldnt miss from the top best Internet Security manufacturers. The 2018 version of their security software features a series of improvements compared to the older version. As opposed to the Antivirus version we recently analyzed and tested, the Kaspersky Internet Security comes with the following:
Heres a short list of the advantages offered by the Kaspersky security suite: one of the best anti-malware protection from the market, the possibility of advanced configuration and detailed reports of identified problems.
TheKaspersky Internet Security 2018 has an excellent price when we think about its capabilities: for $39.99 you can benefit from complete protection against various cyber threats.
For extra protection, you can opt for theKaspersky Total Security version. This one has the following bonus features:
The Kaspersky Total Security 2018 is available here at a very good price for its capabilities.
Our rating: 9.7/10
Compatibility:Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1 and Windows 10
Price: $39.99 / 3 devices
Score: 9.6 / 10
Having already performed tests using the new McAfee Antivirus, the expectations we had about the companys Internet Security solution were sky high. After several days of testing, we can finally say that the new McAfee Internet Security 2018 exceeded expectations.
The application is different compared to the antivirus solution thanks to these additional modules:
The latest McAfee Internet Security features significant improvements. The scanning speed has increased and the impact on computer resources has decreased. If youre looking for excellent protection against cyber attacks and spam as well as parental control, the Internet Security from McAfee is one of your best choices. The application can be yours for $59.99 and its available here.
Our rating: 9.6/10
Compatibility:Windows 7, 8, 8.1 and 10
Price: $59.99 / 1 device
Score: 9.5 / 10
After reviewing the Antivirus option from Avast, we moved on to their Internet Security 2018 version. We had a pleasant surprise and it was all due to the improvements and additional modules we found. Here is a list of them:
The new Avast Internet Security has a very good price for its features. For only $47.99 you can enjoy excellent protection from viruses, phishing attacks and threats coming from hackers.
Our rating: 9.6/10
Compatibility:Windows XP (SP3), Vista, 7, 8, 8.1 and 10
Price: $47.99 / 1 device
Score: 9.4 / 10
The most recent version of the ESET Internet Security delivers many improvements and new features compared to the 2017 version our team recently looked at. Heres what you can expect from the 2018 version in terms of added features:
TheESET Internet Security 2018 comes with lots of excellent features, an easy-to-use interface and complete protection against a wide range of cyber threats. You can buy this top rated security suite here for only$49.99.
If you want a version that includes password management and the possibility to encrypt sensitive data, theESET Smart Security Premium 2018 is the way to go. You can get ithere for only $59.99, which is a great price for its features.
Our rating: 9.4/10
Compatibility: Windows Vista, 7, 8, 8.1 and 10
Price: $49.99 / device
Score: 9.3 / 10
Panda Internet Security 2018 was one of the most pleasant surprises when we decided to make a list of the best security solutions for 2018. With its improved interface and new features, Pandas security suite left a great impression on us. Compared to theAntivirus Plus, the Panda Internet Security 2018 adds the following features:
The Panda Internet Security 2018 can be downloaded for one PC for only$29.99 from here.
Our rating: 9.2/10
Compatibility: Windows XP (SP 2), Vista, 7, 8, 8.1 and 10.
Price: $29.99 / one device
Score: 9.2 / 10
Another product that caught our eye during the making of todays top Internet Security solutions for 2018 comes from AVG. Their latest creation has more features than the ones included in their free antivirus version. Here they are:
This product offers numerous other features we didnt include in todays post. If youre interested in a full review of the AVG Internet Security 2018, you can find one here.
AVGs security suite has an excellent price for the features it offers. For only$55.99, you can enjoy full protection for an unlimited number of devices.
Our rating: 9.3/10
Compatibility: Windows XP (SP 3), Vista (SP2), 7, 8, 8.1 and 10
Price: $55.99 / unlimited devices
The number of cyber attacks continues to grow. The latest threats targeted not only home users, but also companies and government agencies.
Choosing a top rated Internet Security software solution is one of the smartest investments if you wish to protect your computers data. In case you want to benefit from total protection against cyber attacks, select one of the solutions we added to our list of best Internet Security applications for 2018.
Go here to read the rest:
Best Internet Security Software 2018 – The best rated …
- These files can't be opened. Your Internet security ... - April 20th, 2018
- How to Uninstall Norton Internet Security: 12 Steps - April 20th, 2018
- Internet Security Software at Office Depot OfficeMax - April 19th, 2018
- Why is Internet security important? | Reference.com - March 26th, 2018
- AVG Internet Security Unlimited 2018 18.2.3827 20% OFF ... - March 25th, 2018
- Trend Micro Titanium Internet Security - Download - March 21st, 2018
- Kaspersky Mobile Antivirus: AppLock & Web Security ... - March 21st, 2018
- Why do I Need Internet Security - The High Tech Society - March 21st, 2018
- Cincinnati Bell - Other Services Support - March 21st, 2018
- Internet Security Essentials for Business 2.0 | U.S ... - March 21st, 2018
- ESET Internet Security 10.0.386.0 Crack + License Keys ... - March 21st, 2018
- Privacy and Security in the Internet Age | WIRED - March 19th, 2018
- News & Events | K9 Web Protection - Free Internet Filter ... - March 19th, 2018
- 10 Internet Security Programs (for Windows), Ranked Best ... - March 7th, 2018
- AVG Internet Security 2015 Free Download - getintopc.com - March 3rd, 2018
- McAfee Internet Security Download - softpedia.com - February 28th, 2018
- COMODO Internet Security Download - softpedia.com - January 30th, 2018
- Comodo Antivirus - Best Virus Removal Software 2018 - January 13th, 2018
- ZoneAlarm Antivirus Software | Virus Protection & Firewall - January 13th, 2018
- What Is the Meaning of Internet Security? | Techwalla.com - January 12th, 2018
- Download Avast Internet Security 17.7.2314 - FileHippo.com - January 12th, 2018
- Vipre Antivirus VIPRE Internet Security - January 12th, 2018
- AVG Internet Security 2018 License Key With Crack Full Version - January 8th, 2018
- CA Internet Security Suite Plus - Download - December 27th, 2017
- Collaborative Security: An approach to tackling Internet ... - December 27th, 2017
- Norton Internet Security - Download - December 20th, 2017
- Best Internet Security 2017 - Total Security Software for ... - December 20th, 2017
- Get the Best Internet Security Software of 2016! - December 20th, 2017
- Internet Security Administrator: Job Description and Requirements - December 19th, 2017
- Top 10 Cheap Antivirus and Internet Security Protection for ... - December 19th, 2017
- Download AVG Internet Security Unlimited - FileHippo.com - December 19th, 2017
- Norton Internet Security - softpedia.com - December 19th, 2017
- Internet Security - Cisco - December 19th, 2017
- Best Antivirus Software, Internet Security & Malware Removal - December 19th, 2017
- internet security | eBay - October 26th, 2017
- Avast Internet Security Download - softpedia.com - October 20th, 2017
- Internet Security Software | Trend Micro - October 3rd, 2017
- Lenovo Faces No Significant Penalty for Security-Destroying Superfish Debacle - ExtremeTech - September 7th, 2017
- 25% Upside Seen In Palo Alto, Argus Research Upgrades To Buy - Benzinga - September 5th, 2017
- How to: Your essential guide to internet security - PC Authority - September 5th, 2017
- Internet security startup founded by former CIA analyst raises $40 million - San Francisco Business Times - September 2nd, 2017
- CyberRehab's mission? To clean up the internet, one ASN block at a time - The Register - September 2nd, 2017
- Kaspersky Lab launched updated versions of Kaspersky Internet ... - Software Testing News - September 1st, 2017
- Cloud-based CAE HPC Partnership Focuses on Speed and Security of Data Transfer - ENGINEERING.com - September 1st, 2017
- China's cybersecurity law grants government 'unprecedented' control over foreign tech - The Register - September 1st, 2017
- Symantec CEO Sees Broad-Based Internet Security Threats - Bloomberg - August 31st, 2017
- Expert warns sexting is seen as normal by many young people - Evening Echo Cork - August 31st, 2017
- Internet Explorer - Wikipedia - August 30th, 2017
- Your essential guide to internet security - IT PRO - August 30th, 2017
- DUO to increase student internet security - The Crimson While - August 30th, 2017
- Online threats lead to real-world harm, say security experts - CNBC - August 30th, 2017
- Net neutered: When ISPs like Comcast crash the cloud - ZDNet - August 30th, 2017
- Upgrade your internet security with Private Internet Access VPN ... - Popular Science - August 28th, 2017
- Internet 101 Survey results show disconnect between confidence and Internet user knowledge - TechSpot - August 28th, 2017
- Leak of >1700 valid passwords could make the IoT mess much worse - Ars Technica - August 27th, 2017
- How to Choose the Best Internet Security Software? | Bdaily - Bdaily - August 25th, 2017
- China overtakes Belgium on world innovation index - TechNode (blog) - August 25th, 2017
- Zephyr Cove internet security company enters into Paten Standstill Agreement - Northern Nevada Business Weekly - August 25th, 2017
- Internet key to farm security, farmer Bruce Crafter says at Farm Security and Farmers Health Expo in Bendigo - Bendigo Advertiser - August 25th, 2017
- Q2 2017 Akamai State Of The Internet / Security Report Analyzes Re-Emergence Of PBot Malware; Domain Generation ... - PR Newswire (press release) - August 25th, 2017
- OneLogin is Changing How We Think About Internet Security - HiTechChronicle - August 25th, 2017
- Q2 2017 Akamai State Of The Internet / Security Report Analyzes Re-Emergence Of PBot Malware; Domain Generation ... - GuruFocus.com - August 23rd, 2017
- Getting serious about research ethics: Security and Internet Measurement - Freedom to Tinker - August 23rd, 2017
- Dozens of pro-Trump rallies retreat to internet, insist it's not due to poor attendance - Mashable - August 22nd, 2017
- Ransomware Victims Pay Much More Than Just the Ransom - eWeek - August 22nd, 2017
- A Very Dumb Mistake Costs Cryptocurrency Investors Big Time - WIRED - August 22nd, 2017
- WomensLaw.org | Internet Security - August 20th, 2017
- Facebook Awards $100K for Spear Phishing Security Research - eWeek - August 19th, 2017
- Resilience, Emergencies and the Internet: Security In-Formation - Peace Research Institute Oslo (PRIO) (press release) - August 18th, 2017
- LIBTELCO Hosts First Cyber Security Confab - Liberian Daily Observer - August 18th, 2017
- Free or hate speech? Silicon Valley searches for proper line - CBS News - August 18th, 2017
- The Yin-Yang of Cybersecurity Legislation The Internet of Things Cybersecurity Act - CSO Online - August 16th, 2017
- Women build capacity in internet security - Ghana News Agency - August 14th, 2017
- Can US lawmakers fix IoT security for good? - Network World - August 14th, 2017
- 3 Problems Related to Internet Security and Online Safety - Bdaily - August 14th, 2017
- Internet security at home avoid being an online victim - North Coast Courier - August 11th, 2017
- Healthcare Industry May Not Be Prepared For Internet of Things - JD Supra (press release) - August 11th, 2017
- Kaspersky Lab Launches Internet Security Campaign in Asia Pacific - Guiding Tech - August 10th, 2017
- Bitdefender Internet Security 2016 - PCMag India - August 6th, 2017
- Mozilla bets its Rust language will make your internet safer - CNET - August 3rd, 2017