No one wants their lifes work and all the data gathered over many years to be stolen by bad people, right? If your answer is no, then you need to consider buying a reliable security tool. Everything important on your computer and mobile device will stay safe once you do that. Your devices performance wont suffer lagging, so dont worry about that. Just make sure you find the right security option for you and your devices.
AVG Technologies is one of the leading names in the industry of security software. It was founded in the Czech Republic in 1991. The products this renowned company release and continue to create each year have received valuable prizes throughout the years. AVG was bought by Avast in 2016. As of now, the antivirus benefits from a shared engine that protects against online threats.
For today, we recommend the companys AVG Internet Security, which includes antivirus functionalities and specific Internet security features.
Below we have more details on this version, including system requirements, installation, features and so much more. Lets begin our in-depth review!
As with other top-rated antiviruses, the AVG Internet Security 2018 cant run on a device if said device doesnt meet certain system requirements. The most important one is the operating system. This security solution works and offers complete anti-virus protection only with Windows XP (Service Pack 3), Vista, 7, 8 and Windows 10.
Also, theAVG Internet Security is compatible with Mac (OSX 10.8 Mountain Lion or above) andAndroid (Android 2.2 Froyo or above).
We installed the latestAVG Internet Security version on computers featuringWindows XP, Windows 7 as well as the latest Windows version. We wanted to see whether or not there were problems during installation or if there were interference with the operating system after the complete installation was done.
As far as hardware configuration goes, we used computers with an outdated hardware(512MB RAM, an Intel 1GHz processor), as well as PCs with a medium and high configuration power (Intel Core i7 processor, 16GB RAM). We had no issues in either case during the installation process. Everything went smoothly each time and the installation process took very little to complete.
AVG allows for a customized installation of the antivirus if you want to have certain modules. Same goes if you wish to benefit only from some antivirus features instead of all of them.
After the installation is done, the AVG 2018 requires the creation of an account associated to the product. That way you can get access to all of its features. To make an account, you need an email address and a password. If you already have an account, you can connect to it using your credentials.
The user interface of theAVG Internet Security 2018 is simple, intuitive and easy to use. No matter if youre a beginner or you know your way around a computer. The design is modern and it features access tabs for the main capabilities.
Depending on your needs, you can add other personal devices that need protection straight from the products interface. Using the main screen, you can access and possibly buy other useful features to protect and improve your PCs performance.
Overall, the AVG Internet Security has a nice design, is easy to understand and use. If you want something simple with complete protection, the 2018 version of the AVG Antivirus can be a very good pick.
As with all the other antivirus products we tested, well now discuss the main and secondary features of the latestAVG Internet Security version.
Here are the main ones:
We will now offer an in-depth analysis of theAVG Internet Security 2018 after having tested all the features above.
The antivirus module features extended protection against viruses, malware, worms andTrojan horses.
As usual when we perform reviews for security solutions, the first thing we look at is the way they react when an EICAR testing file is around. We downloaded the file on our computer to check the AVG antiviruss reaction speed when a possible online threat appeared. The module had a quick reaction: the EICAR was blocked and moved to quarantine after only a couple of seconds.
Another interesting thing about this security product is that its antivirus module includes different predefined types of system scanning. Theres five of them and they work against virus / malware threats:Computer Scan, Deep Scan, USB/DVD Scan, File or Folder Scan and Boot-Time Scan.
We tested the antivirus scanning module as a way to determine how a computers speed was influenced by it. We also wanted to see the number of infected files identified by the solution. TheAVG Antivirus 2018 doesnt do well on PCs with an outdated hardware: starting a scan affects their speed considerably. This doesnt happen when dealing with computers that feature more than2GB RAM and a 1.5GHz processor.
The scanning speed and the speed of locating infected files are good. As is the detection rate.
The infected files identified by the antivirus module of theAVG 2018 are automatically moved to quarantine. The user is the one who decides whether or not they should be kept. During our tests for this review, we didnt encounter false-positive errors. This is why its recommended to delete the files that go to quarantine. Theyre most likely infected with malware or viruses, so keeping them isnt a good idea.
A very useful option of the antivirus module: the possibility to scan the system before the OS starts. To make it happen, you need to install and activate the module dedicated to this action. Once installed, you can initiate a full system scan when the booting starts. This feature is similar to the one on ESET NOD32, whose review we recently published.
Boot-Time Scan can be used successfully when you deal with a persistent infection of the OS. We tested such a scenario for this review. Results were excellent: the operating system was cleaned after using this type of scanning.
Overall, the antivirus module featured on theAVG Internet Security 2018 is robust and you can fully trust it.
AVG integrated their latest security suite with a Firewall-type module which can protect your computer against hackers and their attacks. The activation of the firewall module offers non-stop monitoring of both traffic as well as your Internet and network connections. All future IP attacks are blocked in real-time by the firewall, with the user receiving a notification about it.
We performed several tests to check if the firewall was efficient when it came to blocking hacker attacks. For this, we simulated a cyber threat against a closed network of computers. Results were great every single time. The latestAVG Internet Security version blocked all the attacks before the testing tools could access the PCs via a network connection.
The number of ransomware attacks has increased by more than 200% in 2017. This is one of the reasons AVG have decided to include a ransomware module in their security suites. We tested it for our review to see how it looks and works.
The module can be preset as Smart and Strict. The first option lets you modify the files that are set in advance by certain applications believed to be trustworthy. The second option doesnt let you change files without permission, no matter the application that requests it.
The ransomware protection module allows the preset of folders that will be protected. If, for example, you have a series of important files you want to keep safe against ransomware, its enough to create a folder and group them there. You will then be able to add them to the security solutions interface.
This module lets you select both applications that are considered trustworthy, as well as those which dont require access permission for protected files. If you have Word or Excel files in the protected folders, you can establish the Microsoft Office as the only instance that can access and modify these files. The system will be protected in the case of an attack. The hacker wont be able to initiate file encryption on them.
This module can be accessed in the Privacy area. By activating it, you can make certain files stay hidden in your computer. Only you can open them. The folders that are protected cant be accessed without a password you set beforehand. The modules interface is easy to understand and use.
What you need to remember is that the files protected with a password are encrypted, so dont forget that password. If you do, you wont be able to access the hidden files.
Every time we do a review, we test the Data Safe featured on a security solution. The one on theAVG Internet Security 2018 is very good. By using this antivirus, you can be 100% sure that your private files wont be viewed by strangers.
The module that delivers protection against illegal accessing of a web cam has three work options:Smart, Strict andNo mercy. The first of them offers access to your web cam only to those applications that the product considers safe. The second mode allows access only after user confirmation. The No Mercy option blocks access to the web cam to all applications.
This module lets you organize a list of applications that can or cant have access to your computers web cam, depending on your needs. If, for instance, you use Skype, you can add it on the list of Allowed apps. The rest of the applications wont have access to it.
We tested the antivirus to see if the Webcam Protection module worked as it should. The results showed that it did. With the AVG Internet Security 2018, you wont have problems with people trying to access your web cam illegally.
The Web shield module delivers protection against threats that might appear when you use the Internet. The application blocks cyber threats and the download of harmful files. During our tests, we discovered that this module protected a computer from these two types of online threats.
The role of the Email Shield module is to block the download of dangerous or infected files that come with solicited or unsolicited emails. The blocking of harmful attachments is done automatically after the antivirus module scans them.
When testing theEmail Shield, we noticed that it managed to block every email featuring an infected file in its attachment. If youre bombarded with this kind of emails, the AVG Internet Security 2018 offers the necessary protection against them.
The AVG Internet Security is equipped with other features. Here they are:
TheFile shredder module delivers protection from the retrieval of deleted data. If you have sensitive files you want deleted from your PCs hard drive for good, this module can be of real use.
We put the File Shredder through some tests. We wanted to see if data was efficiently removed. After using the module, we tried retrieving the files using different dedicated software applications. No matter the retrieving method we considered, the data that was deleted with the File Shredder couldnt be restored.
The Antispam module delivered with the newAVG Internet Security 2018 can block all kinds of email spam. Youll find it in the Payments area, which, as its name says, is dedicated to online payment. To activate the Antispam, you need to install it separately by going straight to the products interface. You wont have to pay anything to do this.
During our testing for todays review, we also analyzed the way the Antispam worked. We were very surprised to see just how efficient it was. After its activation, all spam emails were fully filtered.
Fake Website shield
Another interesting module featured on the 2018 version of the AVG antivirus is calledFake Website shield.It allows for an automatic identification of phishing-type fake websites. If you pay online on a regular basis or you dont know how cyber security works, this module will help you eliminate the possibility of a phishing threat completely.
The Fake Website module behaved without reproach when we tested it for this review. All the phishing-type websites were identified and blocked.
Secure VPN and Tune-up are two of the features that can only be accessed if you buy separate modules. The first of them helps you connect to the Internet via a VPN that uses a connection with256-bit AES encryption. No one will be able to intercept it. If you wish to buy this module separately, you can do it directly from theAVG Internet Securitys interface.
The Tune-up option identifies possible problems on your computer. Its useful for when you wish to improve its speed. This module helps you delete the cache and application logs. It can also help identify outdated software that can possibly turn into a security issue. Tune-up can be bought separately from the antiviruss interface or from this location.
When we review antivirus products, we also test the impact they have on a computers speed. The impact of this security solution on systems featuring outdated hardware is visible. However, this only happens in the case of PCs with less than2GB of RAM and a processor thats slower than1.5GHz. Computers with superior configurations dont slow down as much as the others do with this antivirus on-board.
In conclusion, we recommend the product for all PCs that dont have an outdated hardware.
The support offered by the AVG team for all their security suites is excellent. It can be accessed either directly from the interface of the 2018 version of this antivirus or via the manufacturers official website. The Support area is very intuitive. All the necessary information is easy to find and understand. If you meet a situation thats not featured on the sites data base, the support team will be there to help.
We tested the way the support team offered information. Their answers were very professional and easy to understand every single time. You can contact them 24/7 and they offer helpful answers both via email and telephone. Our personal experience with the support team was very pleasant. If you decide to use this security solution, you can bet youll receive help in every situation.
TheAVG Internet Security 2018 is only$55.99. For this price youll receive protection for an unlimited number of devices, both desktop (Windows, Mac) and mobile (Android). By buying a license, you can protect your whole family against online threats.
Every independent organization that reviews security solutions agree that theAVG Internet Security 2018 is a top-notch product with excellent results in tests. Both theAV-Comparatives and the AV-Test have awarded very high scores for this antivirus thanks to the strong protection it offers against cyber attacks.
AVG offer a series of associated products for this security solution. Here they are:AVG Ultimate (excluding the features that come with the Internet Security 2018 and the TuneUp module), AVG Antivirus 2018 for Mac, andAVG Antivirus for Android.
The AVG Ultimate features complete protection for an unlimited number of devices. It also comes with the possibility to optimize systems where its installed via TuneUp. All for only$79.99. Its a very good deal considering the unlimited number of devices that end up protected, as well as just how much their performance can be improved.
The following table has the main Pros and Cons of theAVG Internet Security 2018:
The 2018 version of theAVG Internet Security is the perfect choice for everyone wanting to protect an unlimited number of devices for a reasonable price. By integrating antivirus,anti-ransomware and anti-phishing protection, the AVG succeeds in offering an excellent product at a very competitive price once again.
9.3 Total Score
AVG Internet Security 2018 offers complete antivirus protection at an excellent price.
Our rating: 9.3/10
Compatibility: Windows XP (SP 3), Vista (SP2), 7, 8, 8.1 and 10
Price: $55.99 / unlimited devices
Do you want to buy and install the latest version of theAVG Internet Security? By going to this link you can get complete protection for an unlimited number of devices (Windows, Mac, Android) for only $55.99. If you prefer the same protection package and the TuneUp option,AVG Ultimateis what you need. The product is available here for only $79.99.
Read more from the original source:
AVG Internet Security 2018 review | Ultimate antivirus …
- Computer and internet security software Chili Security - May 21st, 2018
- Internet Security Market Size, Share and Technology, 2021 - May 21st, 2018
- Center for Internet Security - Wikipedia - May 10th, 2018
- Download Webroot SecureAnywhere Antivirus & Internet ... - May 1st, 2018
- The Internet Security Academy - SAHCOM Technologies LLP - April 27th, 2018
- These files can't be opened. Your Internet security ... - April 20th, 2018
- How to Uninstall Norton Internet Security: 12 Steps - April 20th, 2018
- Internet Security Software at Office Depot OfficeMax - April 19th, 2018
- Why is Internet security important? | Reference.com - March 26th, 2018
- AVG Internet Security Unlimited 2018 18.2.3827 20% OFF ... - March 25th, 2018
- Trend Micro Titanium Internet Security - Download - March 21st, 2018
- Kaspersky Mobile Antivirus: AppLock & Web Security ... - March 21st, 2018
- Why do I Need Internet Security - The High Tech Society - March 21st, 2018
- Cincinnati Bell - Other Services Support - March 21st, 2018
- Internet Security Essentials for Business 2.0 | U.S ... - March 21st, 2018
- ESET Internet Security 10.0.386.0 Crack + License Keys ... - March 21st, 2018
- Privacy and Security in the Internet Age | WIRED - March 19th, 2018
- News & Events | K9 Web Protection - Free Internet Filter ... - March 19th, 2018
- 10 Internet Security Programs (for Windows), Ranked Best ... - March 7th, 2018
- AVG Internet Security 2015 Free Download - getintopc.com - March 3rd, 2018
- McAfee Internet Security Download - softpedia.com - February 28th, 2018
- COMODO Internet Security Download - softpedia.com - January 30th, 2018
- Best Internet Security Software 2018 - The best rated ... - January 28th, 2018
- Comodo Antivirus - Best Virus Removal Software 2018 - January 13th, 2018
- ZoneAlarm Antivirus Software | Virus Protection & Firewall - January 13th, 2018
- What Is the Meaning of Internet Security? | Techwalla.com - January 12th, 2018
- Download Avast Internet Security 17.7.2314 - FileHippo.com - January 12th, 2018
- Vipre Antivirus VIPRE Internet Security - January 12th, 2018
- AVG Internet Security 2018 License Key With Crack Full Version - January 8th, 2018
- CA Internet Security Suite Plus - Download - December 27th, 2017
- Collaborative Security: An approach to tackling Internet ... - December 27th, 2017
- Norton Internet Security - Download - December 20th, 2017
- Best Internet Security 2017 - Total Security Software for ... - December 20th, 2017
- Get the Best Internet Security Software of 2016! - December 20th, 2017
- Internet Security Administrator: Job Description and Requirements - December 19th, 2017
- Top 10 Cheap Antivirus and Internet Security Protection for ... - December 19th, 2017
- Download AVG Internet Security Unlimited - FileHippo.com - December 19th, 2017
- Norton Internet Security - softpedia.com - December 19th, 2017
- Internet Security - Cisco - December 19th, 2017
- Best Antivirus Software, Internet Security & Malware Removal - December 19th, 2017
- internet security | eBay - October 26th, 2017
- Avast Internet Security Download - softpedia.com - October 20th, 2017
- Internet Security Software | Trend Micro - October 3rd, 2017
- Lenovo Faces No Significant Penalty for Security-Destroying Superfish Debacle - ExtremeTech - September 7th, 2017
- 25% Upside Seen In Palo Alto, Argus Research Upgrades To Buy - Benzinga - September 5th, 2017
- How to: Your essential guide to internet security - PC Authority - September 5th, 2017
- Internet security startup founded by former CIA analyst raises $40 million - San Francisco Business Times - September 2nd, 2017
- CyberRehab's mission? To clean up the internet, one ASN block at a time - The Register - September 2nd, 2017
- Kaspersky Lab launched updated versions of Kaspersky Internet ... - Software Testing News - September 1st, 2017
- Cloud-based CAE HPC Partnership Focuses on Speed and Security of Data Transfer - ENGINEERING.com - September 1st, 2017
- China's cybersecurity law grants government 'unprecedented' control over foreign tech - The Register - September 1st, 2017
- Symantec CEO Sees Broad-Based Internet Security Threats - Bloomberg - August 31st, 2017
- Expert warns sexting is seen as normal by many young people - Evening Echo Cork - August 31st, 2017
- Internet Explorer - Wikipedia - August 30th, 2017
- Your essential guide to internet security - IT PRO - August 30th, 2017
- DUO to increase student internet security - The Crimson While - August 30th, 2017
- Online threats lead to real-world harm, say security experts - CNBC - August 30th, 2017
- Net neutered: When ISPs like Comcast crash the cloud - ZDNet - August 30th, 2017
- Upgrade your internet security with Private Internet Access VPN ... - Popular Science - August 28th, 2017
- Internet 101 Survey results show disconnect between confidence and Internet user knowledge - TechSpot - August 28th, 2017
- Leak of >1700 valid passwords could make the IoT mess much worse - Ars Technica - August 27th, 2017
- How to Choose the Best Internet Security Software? | Bdaily - Bdaily - August 25th, 2017
- China overtakes Belgium on world innovation index - TechNode (blog) - August 25th, 2017
- Zephyr Cove internet security company enters into Paten Standstill Agreement - Northern Nevada Business Weekly - August 25th, 2017
- Internet key to farm security, farmer Bruce Crafter says at Farm Security and Farmers Health Expo in Bendigo - Bendigo Advertiser - August 25th, 2017
- Q2 2017 Akamai State Of The Internet / Security Report Analyzes Re-Emergence Of PBot Malware; Domain Generation ... - PR Newswire (press release) - August 25th, 2017
- OneLogin is Changing How We Think About Internet Security - HiTechChronicle - August 25th, 2017
- Q2 2017 Akamai State Of The Internet / Security Report Analyzes Re-Emergence Of PBot Malware; Domain Generation ... - GuruFocus.com - August 23rd, 2017
- Getting serious about research ethics: Security and Internet Measurement - Freedom to Tinker - August 23rd, 2017
- Dozens of pro-Trump rallies retreat to internet, insist it's not due to poor attendance - Mashable - August 22nd, 2017
- Ransomware Victims Pay Much More Than Just the Ransom - eWeek - August 22nd, 2017
- A Very Dumb Mistake Costs Cryptocurrency Investors Big Time - WIRED - August 22nd, 2017
- WomensLaw.org | Internet Security - August 20th, 2017
- Facebook Awards $100K for Spear Phishing Security Research - eWeek - August 19th, 2017
- Resilience, Emergencies and the Internet: Security In-Formation - Peace Research Institute Oslo (PRIO) (press release) - August 18th, 2017
- LIBTELCO Hosts First Cyber Security Confab - Liberian Daily Observer - August 18th, 2017
- Free or hate speech? Silicon Valley searches for proper line - CBS News - August 18th, 2017
- The Yin-Yang of Cybersecurity Legislation The Internet of Things Cybersecurity Act - CSO Online - August 16th, 2017
- Women build capacity in internet security - Ghana News Agency - August 14th, 2017
- Can US lawmakers fix IoT security for good? - Network World - August 14th, 2017