These days you cant be too careful with your computer security setup. With more and more of our daily transactions happening online, its very important to ensure that your computer is protected from the wide array of threats that are circulating on the internet.
In thisAvast Internet Securityreview we cover one of the more popular software programs designed to protect your computer. We get a lot of emails from people asking whether or not this software is worth the cost, so we figured an in-depth review was in order.
A quick note about versions: this review covers Avast Internet Security, which is a step above Avast Free Antivirus. There are also upgraded versions called Avast Premier and Avast Ultimate, which have more features included.
Editors note: We bought this software with our own money and have not been asked by Avast to write this review.
I want to lead with my overall impressions of Avast Internet Security for those who dont want to read a long article then you can drill down and read about all the features in the rest of the review below if you so desire.
Overall I wasnt expecting to be thrilled with Avast Internet Security due to a botched installation when I first installed the software, but my opinion drastically changed once I reinstalled it and found it was working swimmingly.
I actually had more fun than I usually do when reviewing these security software suites because Avast is easy to use, intuitive, and has quite a few bells and whistles that you wont find in other security solutions. I also found their whimsical online and in-program help documentation to be refreshing.
Avast Internet Security is the basic version, a step up from the Avast Free Antivirus. However even this basic level software packs a lot of utilities.
Avasts support was responsive and helpful when I had an issue connecting my online account with my software, and the help and documentation on the website is very well laid out and clear.
I highly recommend this software as a virus and malware solution. Theres a lot of debate on the internet over which security suite is better, however Avast continues to be highly recommended by many computer professionals. No software will be 100% perfect, so if Avast has the features that you want its a great lightweight solution for protecting your data.
Get Avast Internet Security
Avast was a quick download and install on my Microsoft Surface Pro 4 running Windows 10. The installation was a touch slower than other security apps Ive used, but that could be due to a slightly slower speed of internet as I was working remotely at the time.
After installation I ran the Smart Scan, and the program finished in about 6-7 minutes. The results were interesting as the software scans more than just for malware and viruses. It also found three software programs that needed updates (and allowed me to update them right from the dashboard), and pointed out that the coffee shops WiFi password was weak.
The scan is pretty typical of most security software suites. You can customize the scan in the settings to scan for only the things you want it to for example, you can disable scanning for software updates if you so desire.
Its important to know if your antimalware and antivirus software tools are up to snuff. The good news is that Avast consistently gets top scores in the AV Comparatives monthly score tallies. AV Comparatives is an independent group that tests the top computer security software tools.
You can check out their results here.
Avast Internet Security and all of the other software tools in their library of programs are very intuitive and easy to use. Each setting has a large icon-centric button, and each feature has a small i that you can click that explains the features functionality and uses. This is helpful because even the basic Internet Security program comes with a lot of bells and whistles to play with.
Most computer users will find using Avast to be easy to use and almost fun in fact its the most fun security suite Ive tested. I cant quite put my finger on why, I think its the simplicity and intuitive way everything is laid out.
The black on black color scheme is also a nice touch, making the software feel very updated and modern.
Avast notified me that I had 13 passwords stored in my internet browser, and it asked me to start using Avast Passwords, a password keeping system. I actually use LastPass for that right now, but it seems like a good option for someone who doesnt have a password solution yet. For those who dont know, these password solutions are a great way to enable yourself to use unique and difficult passwords for all of your sites so you dont get caught with your pants down by using the same password for all your sites (something I used to do and I had a minor panic attack when someone hacked my Facebook account and got that password and my email).
You also have the option of storing credit card numbers as well with the ability to auto-fill them when online shopping.
Avast Passwords also has a cool feature called Secure Notes where you can safely store small secure things. Need a place to store your security key for your 2 Factor Authentication app? This could be a good place, instead of a notepad file somewhere on your computer or even writing it down on a paper that could get lost. Lets face it, every once in a while we need to keep a secure number on hand.
After taking my Surface Pro to the coffee shop to do some additional work and continue testing Avast, the software popped up notifying me that I had connected to a new WiFi network. It then gave me the option to scan the network, which scanned the router, and all the devices connected to it meaning ALL the various laptops and phones that were on the network. I dont suspect this coffee shop to be a hotbed of hacker activity, so it was not surprising to find that all the devices came up clean.
This feature is useful for detecting problematic devices that might be on a public network scanning it for activity. Im not usually that paranoid but you can never be too careful. This is useful, however, if you want to do some banking or personal transactions on a public network and want to scan it before using it.
Avast Internet Security has quite a thorough settings menu, where you can tinker with excluded software, customize the Smart Scan, and do so much more. There is really too much to list for this basic review of the software but suffice it to say that if theres something you want to turn on or off or customize, theres a 90% chance youll be able to do it within the settings.
You can even customize the scan parameters in the virus scan portion of the Smart Scan. Most computer users probably wont touch this or need to stray from the default settings, but advanced users will be thrilled with this.
Avast is available for PC, Mac, Android, iPhones and iPads, and even networked smart devices in your home. That makes Avast one of the most compatible software programs out there it covers most devices while many companies stop at just PC and Mac.
Each of these devices needs its own separate version of Avast, however, so unfortunately you cant just buy it once to cover all of your devices. However, youll only need to deal with and learn how to use one program if you want to get Avast security on all devices which is a time saver. Not many people want to learn how to use a bunch of different security software solutions.
Get Avast Internet Security
Avast Internet Security has two higher levels to choose from that will get you a few more bells and whistles. I recommend all the levels, as I think all their tools are useful. However, just ensure that you need the additional tools they offer and you dont already have something similar.
Check this link for Avasts comparison web page.
For Avast Premier, you get webcam spying protection, a file shredder (completely delete a file), and the ability to automatically update apps and software.
With Avast Ultimate you get everything from Premier plus a few other Avast software tools: Avast Cleanup Premium which helps clean up file clutter on your computer, Avast Secureline VPN which shields your location and provides an extra layer of security to your internet browsing, and Avast Passwords Premium which allows you to store your passwords and also warns you of password leaks.
In my opinion, Avast Ultimate is worth it just for the easy to use Secureline VPN, which is very useful. Personally, if you were thinking of upgrading from the basic level I would probably skip Premier and just get Ultimate and get everything.
We used Ultimate for this review so we could be sure to test all the features and be able to write them up. I will say that the SecureLine VPN service works very well and its worth the price. SecureLine VPN is available as a standalone product as well.
No matter what level you are interested in, Avasts line of security software comes highly recommended from me. I had a lot of fun reviewing this software and found it to be refreshing from the rest of the security software thats out there. No program will always protect you 100%, but picking one of the top line programs will give you the best shot at staying safe on the net, and Avast is up to that challenge.
We recommend going with Avast Internet Security or going all the way up to Avast Ultimate.
Get Avast Internet Security
Get Avast Ultimate
These days you can’t be too careful with your computer security setup. With more and more of our daily transactions happening online, it’s very important to ensure that your computer is protected from the wide array of threats that are circulating on the internet. In thisAvast Internet Securityreview we cover one of the more popular software programs designed to protect your computer. We get a lot of emails from people asking whether or not this software is worth the cost, so we figured an in-depth review was in order. A quick note about versions: this review covers Avast Internet Security,
Avast Internet Security Review 2018
Avast Internet Security Review 2018
Ease Of Use
Interface / Design
Avast Internet Security is an easy to use and powerful software suite that enables you to stay one step ahead of internet criminals as well as viruses and malware. For PC, Mac, Android, and iOS
- Internet security Great-West Life - ssl.grsaccess.com - March 22nd, 2019
- Download COMODO Internet Security 220.127.116.1144 - softpedia.com - January 31st, 2019
- Security Packages | High-Speed Internet | Windstream - November 8th, 2018
- Antivirus vs Internet Security [Security Software Comparison] - November 8th, 2018
- Internet Security Lectures by Prabhaker Mateti - November 8th, 2018
- Vipre Internet Security 2016 Free Download - Softlay - November 8th, 2018
- Internet security software Reviews 2018 - Compared & Reviewed - November 2nd, 2018
- Exhibit A - Internet Security Requirements - November 2nd, 2018
- CIS Benchmarks - Center for Internet Security - November 2nd, 2018
- Kaspersky Internet Security 2018 Crack + License Key [Latest] - October 12th, 2018
- Zillya! Internet Security | Best Security Solution for Active ... - October 12th, 2018
- Download Norton Internet Security 18.104.22.168 - softpedia.com - October 9th, 2018
- Avast Internet Security 2018 Activation Code, Serial Key Till ... - October 9th, 2018
- Download Avast Internet Security 18.6.2349 Build 18.6.3983 ... - October 9th, 2018
- Download McAfee Internet Security 19.0 Build 19.0.4016 - October 3rd, 2018
- AVG Internet Security 2018 Free Download - FileHippo - October 3rd, 2018
- Internet Security - Quick Heal - October 3rd, 2018
- Kaspersky Internet Security 2019 v22.214.171.1248 | Software ... - October 3rd, 2018
- VIPRE Internet Security Review & Comparison - September 22nd, 2018
- Internet Security Suite | Verizon Internet - September 20th, 2018
- Antivirus Security Software & Internet Security - Newegg.com - September 19th, 2018
- Amazon Best Sellers: Best Internet Security Suites - September 7th, 2018
- Download Bitdefender Internet Security 2019 126.96.36.199 - August 24th, 2018
- Best (and Worst) Internet Security Software of 2018 for Windows - August 18th, 2018
- Amazon.com: Kaspersky Internet Security 2018 | 3 Device | 1 ... - August 8th, 2018
- AVG Internet Security - Free download and software reviews ... - August 3rd, 2018
- Top 3 Internet Security Software Suites Reviews ... - July 26th, 2018
- GRC | LeakTest -- Firewall Leakage Tester - July 26th, 2018
- Internet Security is an important part of Identity Theft ... - June 22nd, 2018
- V3 Internet Security | AhnLab - June 22nd, 2018
- Internet Security with Xfinity - Norton Security Online - June 17th, 2018
- Best Internet Security Software Compared - May 25th, 2018
- Computer and internet security software Chili Security - May 21st, 2018
- Internet Security Market Size, Share and Technology, 2021 - May 21st, 2018
- Center for Internet Security - Wikipedia - May 10th, 2018
- Download Webroot SecureAnywhere Antivirus & Internet ... - May 1st, 2018
- AVG Internet Security 2018 review | Ultimate antivirus ... - April 29th, 2018
- The Internet Security Academy - SAHCOM Technologies LLP - April 27th, 2018
- These files can't be opened. Your Internet security ... - April 20th, 2018
- How to Uninstall Norton Internet Security: 12 Steps - April 20th, 2018
- Internet Security Software at Office Depot OfficeMax - April 19th, 2018
- Why is Internet security important? | Reference.com - March 26th, 2018
- AVG Internet Security Unlimited 2018 18.2.3827 20% OFF ... - March 25th, 2018
- Trend Micro Titanium Internet Security - Download - March 21st, 2018
- Kaspersky Mobile Antivirus: AppLock & Web Security ... - March 21st, 2018
- Why do I Need Internet Security - The High Tech Society - March 21st, 2018
- Cincinnati Bell - Other Services Support - March 21st, 2018
- Internet Security Essentials for Business 2.0 | U.S ... - March 21st, 2018
- ESET Internet Security 10.0.386.0 Crack + License Keys ... - March 21st, 2018
- Privacy and Security in the Internet Age | WIRED - March 19th, 2018
- News & Events | K9 Web Protection - Free Internet Filter ... - March 19th, 2018
- 10 Internet Security Programs (for Windows), Ranked Best ... - March 7th, 2018
- AVG Internet Security 2015 Free Download - getintopc.com - March 3rd, 2018
- McAfee Internet Security Download - softpedia.com - February 28th, 2018
- COMODO Internet Security Download - softpedia.com - January 30th, 2018
- Best Internet Security Software 2018 - The best rated ... - January 28th, 2018
- Comodo Antivirus - Best Virus Removal Software 2018 - January 13th, 2018
- ZoneAlarm Antivirus Software | Virus Protection & Firewall - January 13th, 2018
- What Is the Meaning of Internet Security? | Techwalla.com - January 12th, 2018
- Download Avast Internet Security 17.7.2314 - FileHippo.com - January 12th, 2018
- Vipre Antivirus VIPRE Internet Security - January 12th, 2018
- AVG Internet Security 2018 License Key With Crack Full Version - January 8th, 2018
- CA Internet Security Suite Plus - Download - December 27th, 2017
- Collaborative Security: An approach to tackling Internet ... - December 27th, 2017
- Norton Internet Security - Download - December 20th, 2017
- Best Internet Security 2017 - Total Security Software for ... - December 20th, 2017
- Get the Best Internet Security Software of 2016! - December 20th, 2017
- Internet Security Administrator: Job Description and Requirements - December 19th, 2017
- Top 10 Cheap Antivirus and Internet Security Protection for ... - December 19th, 2017
- Download AVG Internet Security Unlimited - FileHippo.com - December 19th, 2017
- Norton Internet Security - softpedia.com - December 19th, 2017
- Internet Security - Cisco - December 19th, 2017
- Best Antivirus Software, Internet Security & Malware Removal - December 19th, 2017
- internet security | eBay - October 26th, 2017
- Avast Internet Security Download - softpedia.com - October 20th, 2017
- Internet Security Software | Trend Micro - October 3rd, 2017
- Lenovo Faces No Significant Penalty for Security-Destroying Superfish Debacle - ExtremeTech - September 7th, 2017
- 25% Upside Seen In Palo Alto, Argus Research Upgrades To Buy - Benzinga - September 5th, 2017
- How to: Your essential guide to internet security - PC Authority - September 5th, 2017
- Internet security startup founded by former CIA analyst raises $40 million - San Francisco Business Times - September 2nd, 2017