VietNamNet Bridge – Though the APG submarine cable broke twice in six months, Vietnam Internet Associations (VIA) secretary general Vu The Binh said that APG has helped improve security and provisioning capability for Vietnams internet.
The APG project attracted many Asian telecom groups, including Japanese NTT Docomo, Chinese China Telecom and South Korean KT. The four Vietnamese investors include VNPT (the Vietnam Post & Telecommunication Group) , Viettel, FPT Telecom and CMC Telecom.
With a length of 10,400 kilometers, the APG cable is located under the Pacific Ocean, connecting points in nine countries and territories including China, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Korea, Japan, Malaysia, Singapore, Thailand and Vietnam.
The system has a capacity of 54 terabits per second with the Internet speed of 20 times higher than AAG (Asia America Gateway).
AAG also has to be repaired so often. In the first half of 2015 alone, it was in trouble four times, on January 1, April 23, May 26 and early June.
While AAG cable plays an important role in connecting Vietnam and the world, APG is hoped to help the connection become faster and more stable, and help ease reliance on AAG.
Binh told the press in late December 2016 that APG helped improve security for Vietnams internet.
VIAs representative also said though ISPs in Vietnam still have not provided detailed information about capacity through APG, the impact on international internet connectivity was less serious than before.
However, APG twice broke down within a short time. It broke for the first time on December 31, 2016 at positions near Singapore and Chongming, China. The latest breakdown occurred on June 20, 2017 at a position just 125 kilometers from Da Nang City.
According to CMC Telecom, one of the ISPs which develop APG, the trouble caused 100 percent loss of AGP capacity to Vietnam.
When asked if APG would break down regularly like AAG, Binh said he still doesnt have enough information to compare APG with AAG.
However, he believes the APG developers have enough information about AAGs status and operation.
Problems with cables are unpredictable. Therefore, ISPs all have to prepare contingency plans to ensure smooth operation. The plans depend on their business strategies and targeted clients.
VIAs official said internet service in Vietnam is competitive, with the service fee much lower than in other regional countries.
Why does the AAG underwater cable have to be repaired so often?
APG submarine cable broken, Internet connection affected
- Comodo Antivirus - Best Virus Removal Software 2018 - January 13th, 2018
- ZoneAlarm Antivirus Software | Virus Protection & Firewall - January 13th, 2018
- What Is the Meaning of Internet Security? | Techwalla.com - January 12th, 2018
- Download Avast Internet Security 17.7.2314 - FileHippo.com - January 12th, 2018
- Vipre Antivirus VIPRE Internet Security - January 12th, 2018
- AVG Internet Security 2018 License Key With Crack Full Version - January 8th, 2018
- CA Internet Security Suite Plus - Download - December 27th, 2017
- Collaborative Security: An approach to tackling Internet ... - December 27th, 2017
- Norton Internet Security - Download - December 20th, 2017
- Best Internet Security 2017 - Total Security Software for ... - December 20th, 2017
- Get the Best Internet Security Software of 2016! - December 20th, 2017
- Internet Security Administrator: Job Description and Requirements - December 19th, 2017
- Top 10 Cheap Antivirus and Internet Security Protection for ... - December 19th, 2017
- Download AVG Internet Security Unlimited - FileHippo.com - December 19th, 2017
- Norton Internet Security - softpedia.com - December 19th, 2017
- Internet Security - Cisco - December 19th, 2017
- Best Antivirus Software, Internet Security & Malware Removal - December 19th, 2017
- internet security | eBay - October 26th, 2017
- Avast Internet Security Download - softpedia.com - October 20th, 2017
- Internet Security Software | Trend Micro - October 3rd, 2017
- Lenovo Faces No Significant Penalty for Security-Destroying Superfish Debacle - ExtremeTech - September 7th, 2017
- 25% Upside Seen In Palo Alto, Argus Research Upgrades To Buy - Benzinga - September 5th, 2017
- How to: Your essential guide to internet security - PC Authority - September 5th, 2017
- Internet security startup founded by former CIA analyst raises $40 million - San Francisco Business Times - September 2nd, 2017
- CyberRehab's mission? To clean up the internet, one ASN block at a time - The Register - September 2nd, 2017
- Kaspersky Lab launched updated versions of Kaspersky Internet ... - Software Testing News - September 1st, 2017
- Cloud-based CAE HPC Partnership Focuses on Speed and Security of Data Transfer - ENGINEERING.com - September 1st, 2017
- China's cybersecurity law grants government 'unprecedented' control over foreign tech - The Register - September 1st, 2017
- Symantec CEO Sees Broad-Based Internet Security Threats - Bloomberg - August 31st, 2017
- Expert warns sexting is seen as normal by many young people - Evening Echo Cork - August 31st, 2017
- Internet Explorer - Wikipedia - August 30th, 2017
- Your essential guide to internet security - IT PRO - August 30th, 2017
- DUO to increase student internet security - The Crimson While - August 30th, 2017
- Online threats lead to real-world harm, say security experts - CNBC - August 30th, 2017
- Net neutered: When ISPs like Comcast crash the cloud - ZDNet - August 30th, 2017
- Upgrade your internet security with Private Internet Access VPN ... - Popular Science - August 28th, 2017
- Internet 101 Survey results show disconnect between confidence and Internet user knowledge - TechSpot - August 28th, 2017
- Leak of >1700 valid passwords could make the IoT mess much worse - Ars Technica - August 27th, 2017
- How to Choose the Best Internet Security Software? | Bdaily - Bdaily - August 25th, 2017
- China overtakes Belgium on world innovation index - TechNode (blog) - August 25th, 2017
- Zephyr Cove internet security company enters into Paten Standstill Agreement - Northern Nevada Business Weekly - August 25th, 2017
- Internet key to farm security, farmer Bruce Crafter says at Farm Security and Farmers Health Expo in Bendigo - Bendigo Advertiser - August 25th, 2017
- Q2 2017 Akamai State Of The Internet / Security Report Analyzes Re-Emergence Of PBot Malware; Domain Generation ... - PR Newswire (press release) - August 25th, 2017
- OneLogin is Changing How We Think About Internet Security - HiTechChronicle - August 25th, 2017
- Q2 2017 Akamai State Of The Internet / Security Report Analyzes Re-Emergence Of PBot Malware; Domain Generation ... - GuruFocus.com - August 23rd, 2017
- Getting serious about research ethics: Security and Internet Measurement - Freedom to Tinker - August 23rd, 2017
- Dozens of pro-Trump rallies retreat to internet, insist it's not due to poor attendance - Mashable - August 22nd, 2017
- Ransomware Victims Pay Much More Than Just the Ransom - eWeek - August 22nd, 2017
- A Very Dumb Mistake Costs Cryptocurrency Investors Big Time - WIRED - August 22nd, 2017
- WomensLaw.org | Internet Security - August 20th, 2017
- Facebook Awards $100K for Spear Phishing Security Research - eWeek - August 19th, 2017
- Resilience, Emergencies and the Internet: Security In-Formation - Peace Research Institute Oslo (PRIO) (press release) - August 18th, 2017
- LIBTELCO Hosts First Cyber Security Confab - Liberian Daily Observer - August 18th, 2017
- Free or hate speech? Silicon Valley searches for proper line - CBS News - August 18th, 2017
- The Yin-Yang of Cybersecurity Legislation The Internet of Things Cybersecurity Act - CSO Online - August 16th, 2017
- Women build capacity in internet security - Ghana News Agency - August 14th, 2017
- Can US lawmakers fix IoT security for good? - Network World - August 14th, 2017
- 3 Problems Related to Internet Security and Online Safety - Bdaily - August 14th, 2017
- Internet security at home avoid being an online victim - North Coast Courier - August 11th, 2017
- Healthcare Industry May Not Be Prepared For Internet of Things - JD Supra (press release) - August 11th, 2017
- Kaspersky Lab Launches Internet Security Campaign in Asia Pacific - Guiding Tech - August 10th, 2017
- Bitdefender Internet Security 2016 - PCMag India - August 6th, 2017
- Mozilla bets its Rust language will make your internet safer - CNET - August 3rd, 2017
- Kaspersky Internet Security 2018 220.127.116.115 - Tech Advisor - August 3rd, 2017
- Top 5 Internet Security Practices to Staying Safe Online - The Merkle - August 1st, 2017
- Every day is Internet Security Day | Opinion | thenewsherald.com - Southgate News Herald - August 1st, 2017
- Security This Week: The Very Best Hacks From Black Hat and Defcon - WIRED - August 1st, 2017
- 'Internet of things' hackers raise cloud of fear - E&E News - August 1st, 2017
- Facebook Donates $1M in New Funds for Internet Security at Black Hat - eWeek - August 1st, 2017
- ARRIS Launches First Gateway with ARRIS Secure Home Internet by McAfee; Exclusively at Best Buy - PR Newswire (press release) - July 12th, 2017
- Bitdefender unveils 2018 edition of Total Security, Internet Security ... - Windows Report - July 12th, 2017
- Women in IT Security: Eight Women to Watch - SC Magazine - July 11th, 2017
- The Internet of Identities (IoI) - CSO Online - July 11th, 2017
- Trump Says He Pressed Putin, While Casting More Doubt On Election Meddling - NPR - July 9th, 2017
- Internet freedom must be protected but also respected - Independent Online - July 9th, 2017
- The internet, security and privacy - TechTarget (blog) - July 7th, 2017
- Save 20 Percent on AVG Internet Security Unlimited, AVG Ultimate - PCMag - July 7th, 2017
- Bitdefender Internet Security 2017 One of the most efficient security suites - GameSinners (press release) (blog) - July 5th, 2017
- The Whole Internet Is Managed By 14 People; Each One Is A Security Keyholder - Fossbytes - July 5th, 2017
- In our opinion: Individuals and governments should do more to recognize and combat cyber attacks - Deseret News - July 5th, 2017