Internet security has been an increasingly important problem amidst the serious threats from enterprising hackers. The cybercriminals are more powerful and more creative in finding ways to steal key information from the targets. The problem is that our ability to combat the attacks remains hampered by several factors. You might think that businesses are better in forecasting the possibility of cyber attacks. However, facing persistent attacks, they can fail managing the attacks.
The truth is that businesses have more financial resources to manage the problems related to attacks. they can spend millions or even millions of dollars every year to build a powerful wall against the cyber attacks. In addition, businesses that are constantly faced with threats tend to be more proactive and prepared when facing the real attacks.
On the other hand, consumers realize the increasing possibility of threats, but have little resources to build the internet security. A report released in 2016 showed that cyber attacks were the second largest threats for the American businesses and their owners. They were immediately below the global and political conflict, in which social unrest and terrorism belong.
Problems with Internet Security and Online Safety
Many businesses are considered too ill equipped to manage the increasingly powerful internet threats. Several reasons may be responsible for the failure. The following are some of them:
Adaptation to Cloud-Based Security System
Some of the leading anti-virus businesses focus on helping the consumers in preventing harms to individual files and personal computers. Ability to do this is one of the measures. However, that is not actually the only goal. A successful anti-virus company must be able to manage the risks resulting from the threats. However, it must be noted that the industry is still in adaptation process.
The software companies are still attempting to create a secured environment for file sharing, internet sharing, and cloud-based activities. The problem is that the system is often unsecured, thus leaving some holes for the hackers to attack. In addition, hackers are increasingly smarter. They can go undetectable by making small changes to the malware.
Furthermore, anti-virus industry is still developing. The existing software is capable enough to stop familiar malware and threats, but it is not yet good enough to protect the PCs and files from ransomware, which mostly comes in disguise. Therefore, one of the ways to protect your online presence is by using private, encrypted connection, which allows you to access the cloud safely.
The adaptation to cloud-based security system is even more difficult due to scarcity of human resources. Finding competent IT staffs can be another challenge, let alone to retain them by offering a supporting environment. It seems that fully migrating to the cloud is still few years away. Many things have to be prepared and learned.
Problems with Terminology
It is true that internet security world is associated with a number of muddling terminologies. The term Virtual Private Network is used anywhere and sometimes too liberally. Sometimes, the VPN provider offers the companies simply access to public internet. The truth is that the VPN must be able to provide you with a secured and legitimate private network. Such a network should enable remote but secured access to digital information.
Another muddling terminology is cyber threats. Many internet users think of them as simply virus attacks or malware. In fact, cyber attacks are not simply about viruses and malware. They include any kind of risks or vulnerability to your data, data abuses, hacker attack, insider threats, and weak security system.
You will never be able to anticipate and manage the threats unless you keep up with the changes. Yes, the threats are developing. The cyber attacks have been like the cat-n-mouse attacks. They keep growing in terms of both power and number. They are more complex and designed to result in major damages. You certain remember the recent Wannacry ransomware, which attacked a number of banks and stole the data. Even though the ransomware was finally stopped, it was successful enough to result in major damages.
A similar problem also happened when the election campaign websites for Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump were attacked. Therefore, the businesses must be always prepared to prevent and manage any kind of attacks against their networks. Cyber protection is certainly not the only solution. A perfect protection must combine a powerful and secured cyber security and proactive actions to anticipate the upcoming threats.
How To Protect Your Data from the Cyber Attacks
Many businesses and users of personal computers now do not fully believe the claims from companies that provide internet security services. It is true that sometimes you receive fake notifications, which prompt you to take actions to protect your data. You may be directed to buy a product, which actually you do not need. Therefore, you need to go to the source for verification. The following are some steps you need to take to protect your data from cyber attacks:
Pay attention to the cyber security tool before purchasing it. Make sure that it provides you with private access to online information by using encrypted massages and hiding your IPD address.
It is better to allocate some funds for paid cyber security systems. You certainly know that there are many kinds of free ant-virus applications to download. However, paid apps offer better protection and they are equipped with features, which may not be available in free software.
Choose a cyber security that offers powerful system to filter out any kind of cyber attacks and cyber crime, such as DDoS
Make sure to update your security system regularly. Use a cyber security system that alerts you anytime the protection is weakening. This way, you can take the necessary action before the system is attacked.
Do not open suspicious emails, which come into your Inbox or Spam folders. Sometimes, such emails bring malicious attacks. Anytime you open the junk emails, the viruses will damage your files accordingly.
Cyber attacks are around and they come in varied forms. Make sure you always safeguard your precious information. Protect the computer-based or cloud-based files from any possible attacks. Make sure to minimize the risks and cut off any possible pathways for the incoming viruses.
Follow this link:
3 Problems Related to Internet Security and Online Safety – Bdaily
- 10 Internet Security Programs (for Windows), Ranked Best ... - March 7th, 2018
- AVG Internet Security 2015 Free Download - getintopc.com - March 3rd, 2018
- McAfee Internet Security Download - softpedia.com - February 28th, 2018
- COMODO Internet Security Download - softpedia.com - January 30th, 2018
- Best Internet Security Software 2018 - The best rated ... - January 28th, 2018
- Comodo Antivirus - Best Virus Removal Software 2018 - January 13th, 2018
- ZoneAlarm Antivirus Software | Virus Protection & Firewall - January 13th, 2018
- What Is the Meaning of Internet Security? | Techwalla.com - January 12th, 2018
- Download Avast Internet Security 17.7.2314 - FileHippo.com - January 12th, 2018
- Vipre Antivirus VIPRE Internet Security - January 12th, 2018
- AVG Internet Security 2018 License Key With Crack Full Version - January 8th, 2018
- CA Internet Security Suite Plus - Download - December 27th, 2017
- Collaborative Security: An approach to tackling Internet ... - December 27th, 2017
- Norton Internet Security - Download - December 20th, 2017
- Best Internet Security 2017 - Total Security Software for ... - December 20th, 2017
- Get the Best Internet Security Software of 2016! - December 20th, 2017
- Internet Security Administrator: Job Description and Requirements - December 19th, 2017
- Top 10 Cheap Antivirus and Internet Security Protection for ... - December 19th, 2017
- Download AVG Internet Security Unlimited - FileHippo.com - December 19th, 2017
- Norton Internet Security - softpedia.com - December 19th, 2017
- Internet Security - Cisco - December 19th, 2017
- Best Antivirus Software, Internet Security & Malware Removal - December 19th, 2017
- internet security | eBay - October 26th, 2017
- Avast Internet Security Download - softpedia.com - October 20th, 2017
- Internet Security Software | Trend Micro - October 3rd, 2017
- Lenovo Faces No Significant Penalty for Security-Destroying Superfish Debacle - ExtremeTech - September 7th, 2017
- 25% Upside Seen In Palo Alto, Argus Research Upgrades To Buy - Benzinga - September 5th, 2017
- How to: Your essential guide to internet security - PC Authority - September 5th, 2017
- Internet security startup founded by former CIA analyst raises $40 million - San Francisco Business Times - September 2nd, 2017
- CyberRehab's mission? To clean up the internet, one ASN block at a time - The Register - September 2nd, 2017
- Kaspersky Lab launched updated versions of Kaspersky Internet ... - Software Testing News - September 1st, 2017
- Cloud-based CAE HPC Partnership Focuses on Speed and Security of Data Transfer - ENGINEERING.com - September 1st, 2017
- China's cybersecurity law grants government 'unprecedented' control over foreign tech - The Register - September 1st, 2017
- Symantec CEO Sees Broad-Based Internet Security Threats - Bloomberg - August 31st, 2017
- Expert warns sexting is seen as normal by many young people - Evening Echo Cork - August 31st, 2017
- Internet Explorer - Wikipedia - August 30th, 2017
- Your essential guide to internet security - IT PRO - August 30th, 2017
- DUO to increase student internet security - The Crimson While - August 30th, 2017
- Online threats lead to real-world harm, say security experts - CNBC - August 30th, 2017
- Net neutered: When ISPs like Comcast crash the cloud - ZDNet - August 30th, 2017
- Upgrade your internet security with Private Internet Access VPN ... - Popular Science - August 28th, 2017
- Internet 101 Survey results show disconnect between confidence and Internet user knowledge - TechSpot - August 28th, 2017
- Leak of >1700 valid passwords could make the IoT mess much worse - Ars Technica - August 27th, 2017
- How to Choose the Best Internet Security Software? | Bdaily - Bdaily - August 25th, 2017
- China overtakes Belgium on world innovation index - TechNode (blog) - August 25th, 2017
- Zephyr Cove internet security company enters into Paten Standstill Agreement - Northern Nevada Business Weekly - August 25th, 2017
- Internet key to farm security, farmer Bruce Crafter says at Farm Security and Farmers Health Expo in Bendigo - Bendigo Advertiser - August 25th, 2017
- Q2 2017 Akamai State Of The Internet / Security Report Analyzes Re-Emergence Of PBot Malware; Domain Generation ... - PR Newswire (press release) - August 25th, 2017
- OneLogin is Changing How We Think About Internet Security - HiTechChronicle - August 25th, 2017
- Q2 2017 Akamai State Of The Internet / Security Report Analyzes Re-Emergence Of PBot Malware; Domain Generation ... - GuruFocus.com - August 23rd, 2017
- Getting serious about research ethics: Security and Internet Measurement - Freedom to Tinker - August 23rd, 2017
- Dozens of pro-Trump rallies retreat to internet, insist it's not due to poor attendance - Mashable - August 22nd, 2017
- Ransomware Victims Pay Much More Than Just the Ransom - eWeek - August 22nd, 2017
- A Very Dumb Mistake Costs Cryptocurrency Investors Big Time - WIRED - August 22nd, 2017
- WomensLaw.org | Internet Security - August 20th, 2017
- Facebook Awards $100K for Spear Phishing Security Research - eWeek - August 19th, 2017
- Resilience, Emergencies and the Internet: Security In-Formation - Peace Research Institute Oslo (PRIO) (press release) - August 18th, 2017
- LIBTELCO Hosts First Cyber Security Confab - Liberian Daily Observer - August 18th, 2017
- Free or hate speech? Silicon Valley searches for proper line - CBS News - August 18th, 2017
- The Yin-Yang of Cybersecurity Legislation The Internet of Things Cybersecurity Act - CSO Online - August 16th, 2017
- Women build capacity in internet security - Ghana News Agency - August 14th, 2017
- Can US lawmakers fix IoT security for good? - Network World - August 14th, 2017
- Internet security at home avoid being an online victim - North Coast Courier - August 11th, 2017
- Healthcare Industry May Not Be Prepared For Internet of Things - JD Supra (press release) - August 11th, 2017
- Kaspersky Lab Launches Internet Security Campaign in Asia Pacific - Guiding Tech - August 10th, 2017
- Bitdefender Internet Security 2016 - PCMag India - August 6th, 2017
- Mozilla bets its Rust language will make your internet safer - CNET - August 3rd, 2017
- Kaspersky Internet Security 2018 220.127.116.115 - Tech Advisor - August 3rd, 2017
- Top 5 Internet Security Practices to Staying Safe Online - The Merkle - August 1st, 2017
- Every day is Internet Security Day | Opinion | thenewsherald.com - Southgate News Herald - August 1st, 2017
- Security This Week: The Very Best Hacks From Black Hat and Defcon - WIRED - August 1st, 2017
- 'Internet of things' hackers raise cloud of fear - E&E News - August 1st, 2017
- Facebook Donates $1M in New Funds for Internet Security at Black Hat - eWeek - August 1st, 2017
- ARRIS Launches First Gateway with ARRIS Secure Home Internet by McAfee; Exclusively at Best Buy - PR Newswire (press release) - July 12th, 2017
- Bitdefender unveils 2018 edition of Total Security, Internet Security ... - Windows Report - July 12th, 2017
- Women in IT Security: Eight Women to Watch - SC Magazine - July 11th, 2017
- The Internet of Identities (IoI) - CSO Online - July 11th, 2017
- Trump Says He Pressed Putin, While Casting More Doubt On Election Meddling - NPR - July 9th, 2017
- Internet freedom must be protected but also respected - Independent Online - July 9th, 2017
- The internet, security and privacy - TechTarget (blog) - July 7th, 2017