As an entrepreneur and global communications specialist, Ive come across a diverse spectrum of investment avenues that are both lucrative and proactive.
However, the world of real estate has always intrigued me. Real estate has been booming around the world, particularly in the UK, with new housing, apartment and condo complexes being built at a phenomenal pace.
This provides a great opportunity for investment when it comes to making your money work for you.
During a recent visit to London, England, I came across an entrepreneur that opened my eyes to the world of Property Crowdfunding.
Abdullah Iqbal, Co-Founder of the Knightsbridge based start-up PropTech Crowd, reveals: Property crowdfunding is a relatively new form of investment which allows multiple investors to come together to invest in specific properties. As each has a small share, the cost of entry is significantly lower than it would be if they decided to invest alone
Belonging to an ethnic Muslim background, I learned that Abdullah joined his father who has been involved in the familys property business for well over three decades.
However, it was during a trip to his native Pakistan that his father thought of introducing an interest-free property crowdfunding model that would also be attractive to the thriving global Muslim community, specifically in the UK.
Abdullah Iqbal, Co-Founder at PropTech Crowd.
While there existed property crowdfunding companies already, Abdullah and his dad saw an obvious vacuum in the market. None of the property crowdfunding platforms were Shariah compliant at the time, due to them being involved with interest. Our motivation was to take the banks out of the equation, enabling investors to have shares and democratising the property market for everyone, while conforming to the Islamic prohibition of interest, emphasises Abdullah.
The companys core mission is to revolutionise property investment through innovative crowdfunding technology, allowing everyday investors to access high-ROI opportunities that they may have been priced out of in the past.
As I learned intriguingly, some of the key benefits of property crowdfunding are:
As an individual with limited finances, I asked how is this relevant to someone, or even beneficial in the short or long run of things?
Abdullah adds, Property crowdfunding is opening up property investment, allowing anyone to access benefits that were previously only available to high-net- worth individuals and asset managers.
When investing in property, one of the biggest facets to look at is obviously ones return on investment.
Would you invest in something with a high return on investment (ROI)? Of course you would. Anyone would! Thats a no-brainer. And Abdullah elaborates, According to the Office for National Statistics, UK house prices have risen by 31%. This is far superior to the return you get from savings accounts.
The model is applicable to both Muslims and Non Muslims. There are no bank involved, no loans with interest, and one receives full voting and financial rights with your investment.
So how is the Shariah compliance is ensured?
I learned that Mufti Abdul Kader, a renowned Islamic scholar and expert in Islamic finance, is a Shariah Compliance Advisor at PropTech Crowd. His duties entail making sure that all elements of the business are Shariah compliant, visibly and consistently.
When I asked Abdullah about ownership as a landlord, I was surprised at the answer. Longer-term investments receive a yield the rent in addition to any capital gains you may receive when the crowd sells the property. You get the benefits of being a landlord without the huge start-up costs and with all of the administration done for you, reveals Abdullah.
Where does the company go from here?
Abdullah smiles gently and replies, Our 5-year vision is for our investors to have access to properties across major global cities. We want to open doors up in various countries for ordinary people to invest and own property anywhere. Owning property shouldnt be difficult and we intend on creating a model that facilitates it in the most effective and beneficial way.
The company is also actively cross-promoting with established platforms such as Ethis Crowd, the Worlds first Islamic Real Estate Crowdfunding platform headquartered in Singapore and Islamic Banker, a marketplace for responsible investments.
He elaborates, The purpose of Crowdfunding is to get together and accomplish something, whether it is a social cause, to support a start-up, or invest in property. As a platform, we find collaboration to be the essence of success. Our motives and vision are very much aligned with Ethis Crowd and Islamic Banker, so it is clear that if there is synergy, we should explore it.
Conclusively, property crowdfunding is an exciting and rewarding method of investing in the property market. Since human beings will always require shelter as a basic necessity regardless of how the economy is the real estate market is incessantly glorious and an ever green form of investment. As an entrepreneur, we are told to think forward.
Read this article:
Property Crowd Funding – The Magic of Modern Day Investing – HuffPost
- How to Crowdfund (with Pictures) - wikiHow - June 7th, 2018
- Getting Crowdfunding Fundamentals Down to A Science In Advance Of Campaign Key To Success - HuffPost - August 28th, 2017
- Dreamhost Crowd-Funding Legal Action Against DOJ - eWeek - August 22nd, 2017
- Buy a share in a brewery: Pozible launches equity crowd-funding site Birchal - The Sydney Morning Herald - August 1st, 2017
- Woman who contracted E.Coli returns home from Turkey after crowd funding appeal - Glasgow Live - July 9th, 2017
- Africa's first impact-focused equity crowd funding portal founder ... - CNBCAfrica.com - July 5th, 2017
- Crowd funding campaign to save a two-year-old kid - Times of India - July 2nd, 2017
- Arrowtown musician Holly Arrowsmith crowd funding new album - The Southland Times - June 26th, 2017
- Ex-Googler Lina Gantar launches crowd funding agency in Manchester - Manchester Evening News - June 25th, 2017
- Crowd funding could be used to buy the long-vacant Bell Building downtown - Wyoming Tribune - June 24th, 2017
- Wyo. Sec of State unveils new crowdfunding platform - Wyoming Business Report - June 16th, 2017
- Wyo. Sect'y of State unveils new crowdfunding platform - Wyoming Business Report - June 14th, 2017
- Where is the crowd-funding for the destitute? - News24 - June 9th, 2017
- Florida education news: #HB7069, teacher diversity, crowd funding and more - Tampabay.com (blog) - June 5th, 2017
- BBB Has Advice Before You Contribute To A Crowd Funding Site - Newstalkkgvo - June 2nd, 2017
- Catapooolt all set to Catapult Crowdfunding in India with an Asian Record - Bizztor (press release) (blog) - May 19th, 2017
- Should you invest in Bitcoins, crowd funding, P2P lending? - Economic Times - May 15th, 2017
- Cork Foundation's Live Crowd Funding event - The Avondhu Press (press release) - May 6th, 2017
- Will crowdfunding get a synthetic biology win? - PLoS Blogs (blog) - May 3rd, 2017
- Impact Guru, GlobalGiving tie-up to scale crowd funding in India - Daily News & Analysis - May 2nd, 2017
- Plastc Card Is Cancelled: The Dangers Of Crowd Funding Tech - Forbes - April 29th, 2017
- Can crowd funding help scale up solar power for Africa's poor? - The Standard (press release) - April 25th, 2017
- Donate safely: Avoiding crowd funding scams - KXLY Spokane - April 20th, 2017
- Maharashtra schools raise Rs 216 crore via crowd funding - The Indian Express - April 18th, 2017
- Crowdfunding: affordable bee surveillance for hive health - Scoop.co.nz (press release) - March 29th, 2017
- Crowd funding: SECP warns of false scheme - The Express Tribune - March 28th, 2017
- Arsenal fan plots sensational crowdfunding campaign to BUY the club from owner Stan Kroenke - The Sun - March 23rd, 2017
- How to make crowdfunding work for you - Buffalo Business First - February 13th, 2017
- Crowd funding | ASIC's MoneySmart - September 17th, 2016
- Crowd Funding - October 23rd, 2015
- Crowdfunding - P2P Foundation - October 23rd, 2015
- Comparison of crowdfunding services - Wikipedia, the free ... - September 5th, 2015
- Fundraising Script,Crowd Funding Script,Crowdfunding ... - August 14th, 2015
- The Life Chest: Crowd Funding Video - Video - May 5th, 2015
- THIS TOKYO #FASHION BRAND GIFT CLOTHING & ACCESSORIES SURPRISE! #THIStm - Video - May 4th, 2015
- THIS LOVE #FASHION BRAND GIFT CLOTHING & ACCESSORIES SURPRISE! #THIStm - Video - May 4th, 2015
- THIS PSYCHIC #FASHION BRAND GIFT CLOTHING & ACCESSORIES SURPRISE! #THIStm - Video - May 4th, 2015
- THIS SUPER #FASHION BRAND GIFT CLOTHING & ACCESSORIES SURPRISE! #THIStm - Video - May 4th, 2015
- THIS ROADHOUSE #FASHION BRAND GIFT CLOTHING & ACCESSORIES SURPRISE! #THIStm - Video - May 4th, 2015
- THIS BEYOND #FASHION BRAND GIFT CLOTHING & ACCESSORIES SURPRISE! #THIStm - Video - May 4th, 2015
- THIS HEARTBREAKER #FASHION BRAND GIFT CLOTHING & ACCESSORIES SURPRISE! #THIStm - Video - May 4th, 2015
- THIS WWW #FASHION BRAND GIFT CLOTHING & ACCESSORIES SURPRISE! #THIStm - Video - May 4th, 2015
- THIS GENUINE #FASHION BRAND GIFT CLOTHING & ACCESSORIES SURPRISE! #THIStm - Video - May 4th, 2015
- True Colours Crowd funding Campaign - Video - May 4th, 2015
- THIS NEW YORK 2015 #FASHION BRAND GIFT CLOTHING & ACCESSORIES SURPRISE! #THIStm - Video - May 4th, 2015
- Armitage Dinosaur - crowd-funding video - Video - May 3rd, 2015
- Who benefits from crowd funding? - Video - May 3rd, 2015
- The Man Who Found His Freedom - Video - May 3rd, 2015
- Crowd Funding proof V1 - Video - May 3rd, 2015
- TEN FOOT TONE - New CD - TASTE GOOD - Video - May 3rd, 2015
- One Spark/Tamarin Fruits - Video - May 1st, 2015
- Crowd Funding Video- BROKEN ROAD (Short Film) - Video - April 30th, 2015
- Crowd Funding video San Jose Bike Clinic - Video - April 28th, 2015
- Domestic Violence & Abuse Help Break the Cycle - Seed the Books Crowd Funding Campaign - Video - April 28th, 2015
- LEARN IT | BUILD IT | MANAGE IT: FINANCING - Crowd Funding - Video - April 27th, 2015
- Crowd Funding- Habitat for Humanity Charity Trip to Cebu in June 2015 - Video - April 27th, 2015
- Annalakshmi on the swan Crowd funding 14 04 15 WM - Video - April 26th, 2015
- Beat Buddy Inside Story - Video - April 26th, 2015
- Engineers Corset Crowd Funding Video - Video - April 26th, 2015
- "Welcome to the Shop" -HPER Team Crowd Funding Campaign - Video - April 24th, 2015
- Toms Crowd Funding 32 SD 480p Copy - Video - April 24th, 2015
- Blake Lodge Centre, Plymouth Deaf Association - Crowd Funding - Video - April 24th, 2015
- Copy of Heart Vs. Head Crowd Funding Campaign-Final Request - Video - April 24th, 2015
- April 2015: Help Wall St for Main St Crowd Fund! - Video - April 24th, 2015
- Climate for Change Crowd funding video - Video - April 24th, 2015
- Sacred Foundations, Inc. Crowd Funding Intro - Video - April 23rd, 2015
- Specialty Beer - Video - April 23rd, 2015
- Crowd Funding Take 4 18 15 - Video - April 23rd, 2015
- Baby Got Wings / I Like Big Bugs - Video - April 23rd, 2015
- Evolution of Color in Australian Frogs Crowd Funding - Video - April 23rd, 2015
- Creative Lab Curaao over crowd funding actie Revive Gomezplein - Video - April 23rd, 2015
- My TubeStart update! - Video - April 23rd, 2015
- Alphaworks Equity Crowd Funding Platform Rebrands To Quire - Video - April 23rd, 2015
- Community Crowd Funding - Video - April 21st, 2015
- TOP Foundation Crowd Funding Video - Video - April 21st, 2015
- HIR 3 - crowd funding campaign on TravelStarter - Video - April 21st, 2015
- Get us to the World body painting festival - Video - April 21st, 2015
- BluSticks Crowd Funding Video (ENT 4113 - Group 6) - Video - April 21st, 2015
- Skin4Nino crowdfunding - Video - April 21st, 2015
- Sacred Foundations, Inc. Crowd Funding Video - Video - April 21st, 2015