Canon will debut PRISMAsync Print Server v5.2 at PRINT 17 (booth #1213), held in Chicago, Illinois from September 10 to September 14, 2017.
“The evolution of the PRISMAsync family of print servers reflects Canon’s technological leadership and our focus on creating products that can help users increase productivity and maximize efficiency,” said Toyotsugu Kuwamura, executive vice president and general manager, Business Imaging Solutions Group, Canon U.S.A., Inc. “Productivity is an evolving term and means so much more than just the number of pages printed per minute in today’s market. The new tools and features of the PRISMAsync solution are designed specifically to help print providers keep operators efficient and their imagePRESS engines running, as is our effort to maintain the functionality and user interaction of the PRISMAsync platform for color and monochrome presses as uniform as possible.”
Among new features included with PRISMAsync Color Print Server v5.2 are:
PRISMAlytics Dashboard1-A cloud-based service that collects, organizes and displays performance trends from PRISMAsync driven digital presses running on version 5.2 or later. It records press data and transforms it into an easy-to-access and interpret dashboard, displaying usage, production and consumption-related information. This fact-based dashboard can help print floor managers study press performance on a daily basis as well as analyze trends over time, which can help them identify areas of improvement as a basis to take actions and bring higher efficiency to their production environment.
Extended and Automated Color Management Tools – For color critical environments, PRISMAsync Print Server v5.2 brings new color controls that can be implemented on a job or system-wide basis, helping operators produce each job with high quality. From optimized black point compensation to special saturation rendering, operators can be confident a full range of tools for producing the best color are at hand.
In addition, with PRISMAsync v5.2 for the imagePRESS C10000VP/C8000VP, the presses’ Inline Spectrophotometric Sensors (ILS) can be used for color calibration and ICC output profile creation. Rather than relying on measuring color targets by hand, the imagePRESS C10000VP Series presses will be able to automatically print and measure color patches (including G7 targets), creating custom ICC output profiles in just a few minutes and with no operator intervention after initiation.
“We chose PRISMAsync to drive our imagePRESS color digital presses because G7 calibration is built into the RIP and there is no need for add-ons or third-party software,” said Brad Steven, IT/Digital Production Manager at Print-Tech, a G7 Master Qualified Printerin Ann Arbor,Michigan. “The efficiency and productivity of PRISMAsync print server and imagePRESS C10000VP is phenomenal. Our color calibration continues to be spot on. We are excited to implement the new release of PRISMAsync Version 5.2; it is expected to cut the time it takes to perform our in-RIP G7 calibration and color profiling nearly in half while assuring even greater consistency of measurement.”
New Scan/Copy Features – For copy/scan-intensive print operations such as in-plants, full support of Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP) search when scanning to email and a new simplified “Easy Copy” screen have been implemented, helping to bring new efficiencies to these environments. Furthermore, v5.2 enables user interface configuration by user role, allowing administrators to limit available settings and options for certain roles to better fit their operation’s workflow or task division.
PRISMAsync Print Servers are key components of the PRISMA Suite – Canon’s integrated suite of workflow essentials for production print. Designed to optimize the print production workflow from job submission to completion; enabling users to adapt, evolve and grow within ever-changing production print environments.
PRISMAsync Color Print Server v5.2 is now available through Canon Authorized Dealers and Canon Solutions America for imagePRESS C10000VP/C8000VP, imagePRESS C850/C750 and brings the relevant functionality in line with the PRISMAsync platform for varioPRINT monochrome digital presses. For current PRISMAsync users, Canon makes a strong effort to allow the field upgrades to keep the PRISMAsync feature and usability level aligned with newly sold devices. As such, version 5.2 is now also available for imagePRESS C800/C700 and imagePRESS C70xxVPS Series2.
The new PRISMAlytics Dashboard is scheduled to be available from October 2017.
For more information about Canon U.S.A., visit http://www.usa.canon.com.
About Canon U.S.A., Inc.
Canon U.S.A., Inc., is a leading provider of consumer, business-to-business, and industrial digital imaging solutions to the United States and to Latin America and the Caribbean markets. With approximately $29 billion in global revenue, its parent company, Canon Inc. (NYSE: CAJ), ranks third overall in U.S. patents granted in 2016. Canon U.S.A. is committed to the highest level of customer satisfaction and loyalty, providing 100 percent U.S.-based service and support for all of the products it distributes in the United States. Canon U.S.A. is dedicated to its Kyosei philosophy of social and environmental responsibility. In 2014, the Canon Americas Headquarters secured LEED Gold certification, a recognition for the design, construction, operations and maintenance of high-performance green buildings. To keep apprised of the latest news from Canon U.S.A., sign up for the Company’s RSS news feed by visiting http://www.usa.canon.com/rss and follow us on Twitter @CanonUSA. For media inquiries, please contact email@example.com.
Based on weekly patent counts issued by United States Patent and Trademark Office.
Availability and specifications are subject to change without notice. Prices are set by dealers and may vary.
All referenced product names, and other marks, are trademarks of their respective owners.
1PRISMAsync System Version 5.2, enablement of data transfer via the Web, PRISMAlytics license and Google or Microsoft account required to gain access to PRISMAlytics. Subscription to a third party service required. Google and Microsoft accounts are subject to Google’s and Microsoft’s terms and conditions, respectively. Neither Canon, Inc., nor Canon U.S.A., Inc. represents or warrants any third party product, service or feature referenced hereunder.
2PRISMAlytics Dashboard is not supported for imagePRESS C7000VPS Series/C7010VPS Series/C7011VPS Series.
Canon U.S.A. website: http://www.usa.canon.com
For sales information/customer support: 1-800-OK-CANON
View original content with multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/canon-usa-advances-prismasync-color-print-server-in-version-52-offering-cloud-based-prismalytics-dashboard-and-additional-functionality-300515633.html
SOURCE Canon U.S.A., Inc.
- Keeping Your Files Safe in Google's Cloud - New York Times - September 7th, 2017
- 5 Reasons SD-WAN, 4G LTE Are Cloud Essentials - No Jitter - September 7th, 2017
- HPE Reports Q3 Gains Along With Cloud Deal - EnterpriseTech - September 6th, 2017
- Huawei Releases the New-Generation Intelligent Cloud Hardware Platform Atlas - Markets Insider - September 6th, 2017
- Unlocking the promise of a connected world through edge cloud ... - ITProPortal - September 5th, 2017
- Want to do IoT right? You'll need more storage, networking, servers, and cloud - TechRepublic - September 5th, 2017
- So you're already in the cloud but need to come back down to Earth - The Register - September 5th, 2017
- Nasa: Our demands for repeat presidential election - Daily Nation - September 5th, 2017
- Chinese smartphone maker Xiaomi open to moving servers to India - Economic Times - September 5th, 2017
- VMware officially lands on AWS cloud with new management and security features - SiliconANGLE News (blog) - September 2nd, 2017
- VMware-on-AWS is live, and Virtzilla is now a proper SaaS player - The Register - September 2nd, 2017
- Socionext Partners with Advantech to Offer High-Density, Low-Cost ... - Design and Reuse (press release) - September 2nd, 2017
- Municipal adoption of the cloud - American City & County (blog) - August 31st, 2017
- Veeam follows Virtzilla's cloud up the Amazon - The Register - August 31st, 2017
- Where does a business's data live? - Information Age - August 31st, 2017
- IBM cooks up a hardware architecture for tastier cloud-based services - TechTarget - August 31st, 2017
- Tachyum bets on flash storage to re-architect the cloud data center - ZDNet - August 29th, 2017
- Juniper adding microsegmentation to Contrail cloud - TechTarget - August 29th, 2017
- The future of serverless cloud looks a lot like physical servers - TechRepublic - August 29th, 2017
- Demand for server specialists increases, but talent pool is small - Network World - August 29th, 2017
- The pros and cons of cloud vs in house servers - Edmonton - August 28th, 2017
- You Can Now Spin Up VMware Servers in Amazon Data Centers - Data Center Knowledge - August 28th, 2017
- Windows Server 2016 changes prompt a new look at management - TechTarget - August 28th, 2017
- Cloud security market to reach $12B by 2024, driven by rise of cyber attacks - TechRepublic - August 28th, 2017
- Jeff Pulver, Internet Pioneer of VoIP and Entrepreneur Joins ... - Markets Insider - August 28th, 2017
- Google Aims to Boost Cloud Security with Titan Chipset - BizTech Magazine - August 28th, 2017
- Oppo and Vivo plan to move cloud storage to India, following India's new directives on data security - Firstpost - August 28th, 2017
- Digital Deluge on the Cloud - Valley News - August 27th, 2017
- How Can You Improve Document Management By Integrating Cloud-Based File Sharing And What You Need To Know ... - Business 2 Community - August 27th, 2017
- Hitachi rack servers get VMware Cloud treatment The Register - The Register - August 26th, 2017
- CenturyLink enhances VMware-based DCC platform, touts software-defined data center approach - FierceTelecom - August 26th, 2017
- Biz sends apps to public cloud, waves 'bye to on-premises server ... - The Register - August 23rd, 2017
- Druva Raises Another $80 Million - Channel Partners - August 23rd, 2017
- CrashPlan alternatives: How to move to another home backup solution - Macworld - August 23rd, 2017
- VMware shares to surge more than 20% because the Amazon cloud threat is overblown: Analyst - Yahoo Finance - August 23rd, 2017
- AMD Lines Up New China Datacenter Partners - EnterpriseTech - August 23rd, 2017
- How do you bring artificial intelligence from the cloud to the edge? - TNW - August 21st, 2017
- The rice of cloud, avocado of virtualization and salmon of doubt: Let's eat storage sushi - The Register - August 21st, 2017
- 70% of firms face skill shortages for server-based roles - Cloud Pro - August 21st, 2017
- Qualcomm moved its Snapdragon designers to its ARM server chip. We peek at the results - The Register - August 21st, 2017
- Info on 1.8 million Chicago voters exposed on Amazon server - USA TODAY - August 21st, 2017
- Microsoft and Google Give Startups Options to Amazon's Cloud - Fortune - August 18th, 2017
- Cloud is the ignored dimension of security: Cisco - ZDNet - August 18th, 2017
- How AIG moved commercial claims to the cloud - Information Management - August 18th, 2017
- Oracle expands database offering to its cloud services - Network World - August 16th, 2017
- Voices Cloud security from all angles - Accounting Today - August 16th, 2017
- HostHatch launches new Cloud Servers - 5x faster than the giants, including AWS & DigitalOcean - PR Web (press release) - August 15th, 2017
- Oracle Exadata Cloud lands on bare-metal servers - Computer Business Review - August 15th, 2017
- School phones go on 'the cloud' - The Ridgefield Press - August 15th, 2017
- Datrium Announces Split Provisioning For Simple Private Cloud Consolidation At Rackscale - Markets Insider - August 15th, 2017
- New McAfee virtual network security platform offered as part of free test drive on Amazon Web Services - CTR - August 14th, 2017
- How to move into a cloud career from traditional IT - InfoWorld - August 14th, 2017
- Oracle Makes the Most Powerful Database Platform Available on the Industry's Most Advanced Cloud Infrastructure - PR Newswire (press release) - August 14th, 2017
- Frank Dinucci's Cloud Accounting Workshop Draws Many ... - Markets Insider - August 13th, 2017
- Frank Dinucci's Cloud Accounting Workshop Draws Many Entrepreneurs - PR Newswire (press release) - August 12th, 2017
- Cryptocurrencies have pulled one of Nvidia's most sluggish businesses out of the gutter - Quartz - August 11th, 2017
- GoDaddy tops Q2 targets, revenue up 22 percent - ZDNet - August 9th, 2017
- Hardware Can Still Make or Break the Cloud - IT Business Edge (blog) - August 9th, 2017
- Serverless Architectures from an MSP's Point of View - MSPmentor - August 4th, 2017
- Unisecure Data Centers Offers 15% Discount On Cloud Server Hosting Services - HostReview.com (press release) - August 2nd, 2017
- How The Cloud Will Disrupt The Ad Tech Stack - AdExchanger - August 2nd, 2017
- Packet launches edge compute service in 15 global locations - RCR Wireless News - August 2nd, 2017
- IBM adds Optane to its cloud, only as storage and without GPUs - The Register - August 2nd, 2017
- Joining Apple, Amazon's China Cloud Service Bows to Censors - New York Times - August 1st, 2017
- Cisco Launches New UCS Servers, Hybrid Cloud Management ... - SDxCentral - July 12th, 2017
- Verizon data of 6 million users leaked online - CNNMoney - July 12th, 2017
- Server vendors board the Xeon SP party bus - The Register - July 12th, 2017
- New Azure servers to pack Intel FPGAs as Microsoft ARM-lessly embraces Xeon - The Register - July 12th, 2017
- Hybrid cloud and blockchain solutions will be the future for data backup - Information Age - July 10th, 2017
- New 'Microsoft 365' package bundles Windows and Office for businesses - GeekWire - July 10th, 2017
- Tech Data Tightens Cloud Integration With Microsoft To Unlock Simpler Experience For SMBs - CRN - July 10th, 2017
- 6502 Retrocomputing Goes to the Cloud - Hackaday - July 8th, 2017
- Retail apocalypse may jump start suburban renewal - Lexington Herald Leader - July 8th, 2017
- Evaluating AMD's Server Market Potential - Seeking Alpha - July 7th, 2017
- Data Center Security: How Cloud Services Keep Your Files Safe - Cloudwards - July 7th, 2017
- Cubic Subsidiary Gets NSA Clearance for Cloud Servers With Aruba Virtual Mobility Controller - ExecutiveBiz (blog) - July 7th, 2017
- As cyberattack hit, Ukrainians turned to Facebook and Google - Houston Chronicle - July 6th, 2017
- Baidu Deploys Xilinx FPGAs in New Public Cloud Acceleration ... - Design and Reuse (press release) - July 6th, 2017
- Cloud Computing: What is Infrastructure as a Service ... - July 4th, 2017
- Cloud Pushing India's Server Market Growth: IDC - CXOToday.com - July 4th, 2017