Company name translated into Chinese? Tick. Chinese social media accounts up and running? Tick. A Chinese-language website? Tick.
The IT team managing your Chinese website clicks deploy, and youre now on the way to conquering the lucrative Chinese market.
The euphoria of global expansion endures for a few days, but then the teething problems start stacking up. Website availability is patchy. No one is coming to your site except for spammers and existing customers who complain about slow load speed. Moreover, your website is lost eight pages deep on the Chinese equivalent of Google.
Website load speed is crucial anywhere in the world and especially in a mobile-centric market such as China. Hosting your website outside of China causes slower response times due to limitations on international bandwidth into China and high latency. This problem is especially acute for companies hosting their website in distant locations such as Europe and North America.
The most effective way to overcome these issues is to host your website in China. Hosting a website in China reduces site load time, minimizes latency, and is likely to improve search engine visibility in China over the long-term.
The other option is to deploy your website on a China-based Content Delivery Network (CDN). A CDN will cache your website on a distributed network of nodes. When a user in China requests access to your site, the CDN will serve a copy of your website from the closest node to the end-user. This dramatically reduces latency and is an ideal approach for companies that do not wish to migrate their origin server to a new location.
To deploy your website on a hosting server or CDN in China, you will first need to obtain an ICP (Internet Content Provider) license from the Ministry of Industry and Information Technology (MIIT). If your business is not eligible for an ICP license, an alternative is to deploy your website on a server or CDN node located in Hong Kong.
The scalability and built-in elasticity of the cloud are purpose-built for large online markets such as China, and businesses are realizing this advantage. Bain & Company predicts cloud computing sales to swell to 20% of Chinas total IT market by 2020, up from a mere 3% in 2013.
Given the massive number of online users in China dispersed across distant geographic locations, cloud hosting offers businesses the ability to maximize coverage and respond in real-time to sudden changes in traffic. This includes adding new deployment regions and availability zones and the option to release resources when traffic subsides after a promotional event or unexpected spike in activity.
Alibaba, for instance, hasbroken recordsduring promotional periods by leveraging the cloud to process up to 175,000 orders in just one second.
Chinas tech-savvy population is leading the way in adopting mobile payments, online-to-offline (O2O) services, mobile gaming, and designing their lives around their smartphone. While Android is the leading mobile operating system in China with approximately 74.4% of the market as of February 2017, its operating system can be susceptible to external attacks. To address mobile vulnerabilities and data security, companies need to carefully assess website and mobile security.
Cloud hosting provides access to a range of security products to protect your website from malicious attacks, including free services such as anti-DDoS protection and real-time monitoring. Advanced security products are also a must for commercial websites that integrate online payments. Cloud-based security products including server guard, mobile security, and web application firewall (WAF) can be integrated into your cloud architecture to protect against high volume DDoS attacks and other cyber intrusions.
To mitigate the threat of attacks, it is also vital to regularly update and backup your website. If your website is deployed on WordPress, this also means upgrading your WordPress theme and plugins to eliminate potential loopholes that hackers can exploit.
China is a highly competitive market, and consumers expect a smooth and secure online experience. The flexibility, scalability, and security offered by the cloud provides an optimal solution to boost your website in Chinas competitive online space.
Read the original here:
How companies can boost their website in China’s clouded market – Cloud Tech
- Cloud Hosting Plans - Secure & Scalable Services | HostGator - May 18th, 2018
- Best cloud hosting providers in 2018 | TechRadar - May 14th, 2018
- Cloud Hosting - Cloud - Windows - March 2nd, 2018
- Cloud Servers | Cloud Hosting | Web Hosting - Cirrus Hosting - February 20th, 2018
- Managed Dedicated, Cloud and Hosting Services - February 20th, 2018
- What is Cloud Hosting? | Web Hosting Sun - February 12th, 2018
- Cloud Hosting - Managed Cloud Services - January 9th, 2018
- Cloud Hosting by Perry Hosting - December 11th, 2017
- What Is Cloud Hosting? | GoDaddy - YouTube - December 11th, 2017
- Linux VPS | Best Managed Linux Cloud Hosting - RoseHosting - November 24th, 2017
- Cloud hosting platforms. Part one: Pantheon | ADCI Solutions - November 24th, 2017
- Get to know Linode, the new (big) kid in town - Technical.ly - September 7th, 2017
- 500 Cloud Operators, Managed Service Companies and Hosters to Gather at the 13th Annual Hosting & Cloud ... - Benzinga - September 7th, 2017
- Cloud ERP: The rising alternative to hosting your own - Networks Asia - September 7th, 2017
- Melbourne Server Hosting Renamed to iomart - Web Host Industry Review - September 6th, 2017
- Cloud ERP: The rising alternative to hosting your own - CIO Australia - September 6th, 2017
- Dean Dorton Technology named to Sage Intacct President's Club, Rookie of the Year and New Partner of the Second ... - The Lane Report - September 6th, 2017
- Microsoft Signs Deal to Put More Apps on Huawei's Cloud in China - eWeek - September 6th, 2017
- Cloud Hosting Providers CommsTrader's UK Channel Guide 2017 - CommsTrader - September 5th, 2017
- Huawei announces Microsoft cloud apps partnership - ZDNet - September 5th, 2017
- Trump Effect Could Cost US Cloud Providers Over $10 Billion: Report - Web Host Industry Review - September 2nd, 2017
- Cost Reduction Strategies on Java Cloud Hosting Services - InfoQ.com - August 30th, 2017
- Cloud Native The Perfect Storm for Managed SD-WAN Services - Network World - August 30th, 2017
- Why 2017 is the Year to Understand Cloud Computing - Business 2 Community - August 28th, 2017
- President Trump Could Cost US Cloud Computing Providers More Than $10 billion by 2020 - The Data Center Journal - August 28th, 2017
- What You NEED To Look For In A Cloud Hosting SLA - TG Daily (blog) - August 27th, 2017
- President Trump Could Cost US Cloud Computing Providers More ... - The Data Center Journal - August 27th, 2017
- State of Cloud - 2017 - Read IT Quik - August 22nd, 2017
- President Trump could cost US cloud computing providers more than $10 billion by 2020 - Bdaily - August 22nd, 2017
- Microsoft No Longer a PC Company with Deals Like Halliburton, Says Credit Suisse - Barron's - August 22nd, 2017
- Did Snap Make a Mistake With Its $3 Billion in Cloud Contracts? - Madison.com - August 21st, 2017
- Right Networks continues focus on tech improvement with new CIO - Accounting Today - August 21st, 2017
- Altinity Provides Cloud Version of ClickHouse on Kodiak Data MemCloud - Markets Insider - August 21st, 2017
- NASA calls on cloud for online eclipse streaming - GCN.com - August 21st, 2017
- Cloud Hosting Reviews and Comparisons | Cloud Hosting Directory - August 19th, 2017
- Free cloud hosting: comparing the top providers offer - August 19th, 2017
- Microsoft Expands HPC Cloud Portfolio With Cycle Computing Acquisition - eWeek - August 19th, 2017
- UC San Diego Health: Moving Its EHR to the Cloud, Strategically - Healthcare Informatics - August 19th, 2017
- Rackspace's first in-house attorney for international moves on - San Antonio Business Journal - August 19th, 2017
- Microsoft Acquires Cycle Computing to Bulk Up its HPC Cloud Services - eWeek - August 18th, 2017
- Massive Potential Attracts International Players to Iran's Cloud Computing Market, Despite Challenges - PR Newswire (press release) - August 18th, 2017
- These Inventors Need To Conquer Cryptocurrency To Change Cloud Computing - Celebrity Net Worth - August 18th, 2017
- 360 Cloud Solutions now offers Adaptive Insights - Accounting Today - August 18th, 2017
- Hackers breach third party cloud vendor TekLinks - Healthcare IT News - August 18th, 2017
- Stronger security and disaster planning fuel healthcare's migration to the cloud - Healthcare IT News - August 16th, 2017
- Hackers hit dermatology practice through cloud vendor - Information Management - August 16th, 2017
- Hackers hit dermatology practice through cloud vendor - Health Data Management - August 15th, 2017
- Unisecure Hybrid Cloud Hosting Introduces New Integration And Collaboration Support. - HostReview.com (press release) - August 14th, 2017
- CenterGrid Names Kevin Westendorf As Chief Technology Officer - Markets Insider - August 14th, 2017
- Earth911.com - Earth911.com - August 14th, 2017
- Commerce Department Plans to Move Cybersecurity to the Cloud - FedTech Magazine - August 13th, 2017
- Snap CEO Evan Spiegel Makes A Case For Slow User Growth - Fortune - August 11th, 2017
- RiverMeadow and WSM Announce Agreement to Facilitate Cloud Migrations - GlobeNewswire (press release) - August 11th, 2017
- Driving operational excellence with your cloud vendors - Network World - August 10th, 2017
- Amazon jumps on Kubernetes bandwagon - ZDNet - August 10th, 2017
- Epic Move: UC San Diego Health Transitions to Cloud Technology - UC San Diego Health - August 10th, 2017
- St. Cloud to Host Summer Sizzler Downtown Art Crawl - WJON News - August 10th, 2017
- Cloud management platforms offer a unified approach to hybrid IT - TechTarget - August 10th, 2017
- CA Health System Begins Cloud-Based Epic EHR Implementation - EHRIntelligence.com - August 10th, 2017
- Home Office seeks partner for AWS switch after current hosting ... - www.channelweb.co.uk - August 9th, 2017
- Planning Your Journey to the Cloud - TV Technology - August 9th, 2017
- Marias Technology adds Microsoft Azure to its Hosting Services - GlobeNewswire (press release) - August 9th, 2017
- IBM CIO leaves for AWS and Big Blue flings sueball to stop him - The Register - August 9th, 2017
- How To Win at Cloud Hosting in a Microsoft-AWS-Google World - Redmond Channel Partner - August 8th, 2017
- Epic Move: UC San Diego Health Transitions to Cloud Technology - Newswise (press release) - August 8th, 2017
- Global Health wins contract to deploy cloud system at Sydney hospital - Proactive Investors Australia - August 8th, 2017
- As Tech Execs Rally Around Kushner, Government Cloud Adoption Still Has Ways to Go - Windows IT Pro - August 8th, 2017
- Heavy clouds in IT world make it rain gold for UPS box manufacturers - The Register - August 8th, 2017
- Project Manager - Amazon, Google, Microsoft Cloud Hosting - Dorking and Leatherhead Advertiser - August 6th, 2017
- From Public Cloud to Hybrid IT Straight From the Horse's Mouth - InfoWorld - August 6th, 2017
- Cloud computing facility launched - Times of India - August 4th, 2017
- Aerohive Achieves Unmatched Scale and Flexibility in Cloud-Managed Networking - Patch.com - August 4th, 2017
- 'UK cloud services are strong and ready to compete with the world's best tech economies', Cloudreach CEO says as ... - Data Economy - August 3rd, 2017
- Marijuana startup Lemonhaze leverages Bizspark to jump from AWS to Azure - OnMSFT (blog) - August 3rd, 2017
- US retailers increasingly switching to public cloud hosting to free up resources to develop new services - InternetRetailing.net - August 2nd, 2017
- Mozilla's Send is basically the Snapchat of file sharing - The Verge - August 2nd, 2017
- Why Facebook Is Withdrawing WhatsApp from the IBM Cloud - Market Realist - August 2nd, 2017
- You need a cloud exit plan, even for AWS, Google, Microsoft, or IBM ... - InfoWorld - August 2nd, 2017
- Cloud Hosting - Cloud Web Hosting Services - Bluehost - August 1st, 2017
- CCS points users of major expiring frameworks towards G-Cloud - PublicTechnology.net - August 1st, 2017