AUSTIN, Texas–(BUSINESS WIRE)–Sydney, Australia, will host thousands of cloud computing experts from more than 50 nations for the OpenStack Summit, November 6-8, at the Sydney Convention and Exhibition Center. This will be the first time the must-attend open infrastructure event has been held in Australia where users like American Airlines, China Railway, Saudi Telecom, Commonwealth Bank, Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA), Sprint and Tencent/WeChat will talk about multi-cloud strategies, cost savings and increasing agility with OpenStack.
The biannual OpenStack Summitheld previously in major cities like Paris, Tokyo, Vancouver, San Francisco and Barcelonawill draw thousands of developers, operators, cloud architects, business unit leaders and CIOs from the worlds centers of IT innovation.
Headline sponsors of the Summit include Sydney-based Aptira, global networking leader Cisco, and WeChat provider Tencent, as well as premier sponsors Huawei, IBM, Intel, Mirantis, Red Hat and VMware.
Speakers will report on strong OpenStack adoption among financial services, telecoms and research organizations including: AT&T, Monash University, The Garvan Institute, DragonFly Data Science, Paddy Power Betfair, Verizon, Workday, University of Melbourne, PayPal, Catalyst IT, GoDaddy and Overstock.com.
Discounted Early Bird Registration is available until September 8. Sponsorship packages are available until September 27.
Enterprises and service providers in Australia were among the earliest adopters of OpenStack, so its exciting to bring the Summit and thousands of community members globally to Sydney, said Jonathan Bryce, executive director of the OpenStack Foundation. The rapid growth of OpenStackin excess of 40 percent year over yearmeans theres lots to talk about at the Summit in terms of compelling new use cases, instructive new user stories and proven best practices for both developers and cloud operators.
Summit Themes for Sydney
Themes at the Sydney OpenStack Summit include current topics for enterprises like how to build effective multi-cloud strategies. Attendees from carriers and service providers will learn more about how OpenStack is leading in edge computing. Other themes include innovation in open and composable infrastructure, collaboration with adjacent open source communities, digital transformation and infrastructure control. The CFO perspective on business growth and infrastructure cost reduction will feature prominently in many sessions.
OpenStack Summits help IT leaders plan their cloud strategies while sharing real-world experiences operating or consuming OpenStack clouds. During the three-day event, attendees will have the opportunity to hear keynote presentations featuring innovative use cases and live technology demonstrations. They can choose from hundreds of sessions and hands-on workshops for every experience level and organizational role. The Summit offers networking opportunities during the Monday evening Marketplace booth crawl happy hour and the Tuesday afternoon Melbourne Cup viewing party. Learn more about OpenStack Summits and users at the official OpenStack publication, Superuser.
Cloud Application Hackathon to Kick off the Week
The weekend prior to the Summit, a cloud application hackathon will be hosted by the Sydney OpenStack User Group to kick off the event. Hacking Up the Stack will be held November 3-5, at the Doltone House in the Australian Technology Park. OpenStack application hackathons are intended to educate developers on how to build and migrate applications to distributed cloud environments, as well as showcase the diverse use cases for OpenStack. Recent application hackathons have been held in Mexico and Taiwan. More information coming soon: http://hackathon.openstack.org.au/.
Media and Analyst Registration
Members of the media and analysts covering cloud computing can contact Jennifer Fowler (email@example.com) for information about event registration.
OpenStack is the most widely deployed software for public and private clouds, with more than 5 million compute cores in production. It has become a standard for private clouds and is also available via dozens of public cloud providers globally. At its core, OpenStack is an open source integration engine that provides APIs to orchestrate bare metal, virtual machine and container resources on a single network. The same OpenStack code powers a global network of public and private clouds backed by the largest ecosystem of technology providers, to enable cost savings, control and portability.
OpenStack is a global community of 80,000 members supported by the OpenStack Foundation, which facilitates the development of many innovative projects in the open infrastructure space. The community delivers two software releases each year, which are Apache 2 licensed and productized by a large ecosystem of technology vendors in our Marketplace. For more information and to join the community, visit http://www.OpenStack.org.
- What is cloud computing? - Definition from WhatIs.com - March 4th, 2019
- Cloud - Wikipedia - February 19th, 2019
- Cloud computing: A complete guide | IBM - February 7th, 2019
- FusionCloud Full-Stack Private Cloud - Huawei Enterprise - February 4th, 2019
- What is cloud computing? | IBM - January 24th, 2019
- What Is Cloud Computing? | The Basics of Digital Outsourcing - January 22nd, 2019
- Cloud Computing - Yahoo - January 13th, 2019
- Best Sellers in Cloud Computing - amazon.com - January 2nd, 2019
- Cloud Computing Explained by Common Craft (VIDEO) - January 2nd, 2019
- Cloud Computing Trends: 2017 State of the Cloud Survey - December 25th, 2018
- Cloud Computing Overview - tutorialspoint.com - December 25th, 2018
- 15 Top Cloud Computing Service Provider Companies - December 25th, 2018
- Cloud computing: Hardware & Software Security: Online ... - December 23rd, 2018
- Cloud Solutions from Cisco - Cisco - December 23rd, 2018
- Cloud Computing | The MIT Press - December 23rd, 2018
- Learn Cloud Computing Tutorial - javatpoint - December 23rd, 2018
- Standards - IEEE Cloud Computing - December 23rd, 2018
- Benefits of cloud computing | IBM Cloud - November 10th, 2018
- Cloud Computing Trends: 2018 State of the Cloud Survey - November 10th, 2018
- What is cloud computing? - LinkedIn - November 5th, 2018
- What is cloud computing? | TechRadar - September 25th, 2018
- Cloud Computing 2nd Edition: 2018: Mr. Ray Rafaels ... - September 23rd, 2018
- Cloud Computing - Articles & Whitepapers | Oracle Technology ... - September 23rd, 2018
- Cloud Computing: Theory and Practice: Dan C. Marinescu ... - September 23rd, 2018
- Programming Lesson Plan: Program Your Partner - September 5th, 2018
- Cloud Computing | Definition of Cloud Computing by Merriam ... - July 26th, 2018
- Cloud computing information, news and tips ... - April 30th, 2018
- Cloud computing - A simple introduction - Explain that Stuff - March 15th, 2018
- Doug H. - Boston Cloud Computing Meetup (Boston, MA) | Meetup - December 16th, 2017
- Cloud computing at Ifes, IFs, and hospitals | RNP - December 16th, 2017
- Cisco and Google Find Mutual Interest in Cloud Computing ... - October 28th, 2017
- How to Invest in Cloud Computing -- The Motley Fool - October 28th, 2017
- What is cloud computing? Everything you need to know now ... - September 19th, 2017
- How The Automotive Industry Is Leveraging Cloud Computing - CXOToday.com - September 7th, 2017
- Huawei ups its bet on cloud computing with broader support for Microsoft apps - GeekWire - September 7th, 2017
- Cloud computing to drive Billabong's omnichannel experience - Chain Store Age - September 6th, 2017
- Cloud Computing Testbed Chameleon Renewed for Second Phase - HPCwire - September 6th, 2017
- The Software Alliance Advances Discussion on India's Cloud Computing Policy - ETAuto.com - September 6th, 2017
- Assessing Alibaba's Cloud Computing Opportunity - Market Realist - Market Realist - September 2nd, 2017
- 3 No-Brainer Stocks to Buy in Cloud Computing - Motley Fool - September 1st, 2017
- Telecom ponders future amid surging cloud computing popularity - TechTarget (blog) - September 1st, 2017
- Heads in the cloud: banks inch closer to cloud take-up - Risk.net (subscription) - August 31st, 2017
- Walmart Taps Nvidia for Massive Cloud to Take on Amazon - Fortune - August 31st, 2017
- Guest Commentary: Cloud computing tackles emerging cyber threats - Security Systems News - August 31st, 2017
- It's Only the Early Innings for Cloud Computing - Morningstar.com - August 29th, 2017
- What are the key benefits of cloud computing? - Information Age - August 29th, 2017
- VMworld 2017: Everything you need to know about VMware's hybrid cloud strategy - ZDNet - August 29th, 2017
- Saudi Telecom Company creates cloud computing giant - ComputerWeekly.com - August 29th, 2017
- Now with VMware and Pivotal, the Cloud Native Computing Foundation is becoming the hub of enterprise tech - GeekWire - August 29th, 2017
- Cloud Computing | HHS.gov - August 27th, 2017
- Oppo, Vivo plan to move cloud storage to India - Economic Times - August 27th, 2017
- Top 2 aspects of cloud computing you need to consi - Accountingweb.com (blog) - August 27th, 2017
- Biz Cloud Computing - Four States Homepage - August 27th, 2017
- Marketo decides to go all-in on cloud computing, and picks Google as its home - GeekWire - August 27th, 2017
- Cloud Computing Confirmed for Travers | TDN | Thoroughbred Daily ... - Thoroughbred Daily News - August 27th, 2017
- Why 2017 Is The Year To Understand Cloud Computing - Nasdaq - August 23rd, 2017
- Microsoft acquires cloud computing firm Cycle Computing to boost ... - The News Minute - August 23rd, 2017
- The Benefits of Multi-Cloud Computing Architectures for MSPs - MSPmentor - August 23rd, 2017
- VMware shares to surge more than 20% because the Amazon cloud threat is overblown: Analyst - CNBC - August 23rd, 2017
- Goldman Sachs just poured $45 million into a company picking up Amazon's slack in the cloud - Yahoo Finance - August 23rd, 2017
- Cloud Computing confirmed for Travers Stakes 2017 - Horse Racing ... - Horse Racing Nation - August 23rd, 2017
- Cloud computing in focus at e-Commerce forum - Oman Tribune - August 21st, 2017
- AT&T, GE and Oracle offer juiciest cloud salaries, new data reveals - Cloud Tech - August 21st, 2017
- Cycle Computing will make Microsoft Azure more appealing to more enterprises - TechRepublic - August 21st, 2017
- Manage containers in cloud computing to prevent sprawl, cut costs - TechTarget - August 19th, 2017
- Business continuity is the ultimate killer application for cloud - ZDNet - August 19th, 2017
- Thailand urged to opt for cloud computing - The Nation - August 19th, 2017
- Cyberattacks Rain Down on Cloud Computing Infrastructure ... - Bloomberg BNA - August 19th, 2017
- Brown to decide Monday if Cloud Computing runs in the Travers - Horse Racing Nation - August 19th, 2017
- Cloud computing reversal: From 'go away' to 'I can't miss out' - InfoWorld - August 18th, 2017
- Alibaba Stock: Why Cloud Computing Could Be Equivalent to AWS - BNL Finance (press release) (registration) (blog) - August 18th, 2017
- Microsoft Acquires A Cloud Technology Company From Right Under Google And Amazon's Noses - Inc.com - August 18th, 2017
- Alibaba's cloud computing revenue almost doubles - SiliconANGLE News (blog) - August 18th, 2017
- Big Data and Cloud Computing Software, Platforms, and Infrastructure 2017 - 2022 - Markets Insider - August 18th, 2017
- Microsoft acquires cloud-computing orchestration vendor Cycle Computing - ZDNet - August 16th, 2017
- Cloud computing decision guide: Breaking down 7 top solutions for healthcare - Healthcare IT News - August 16th, 2017
- Amazon: Earnings Are Not The Holy Grail - Seeking Alpha - August 16th, 2017
- Notes: Cloud Computing still in running for Travers - Albany Times Union - August 14th, 2017
- Assessing the key reasons behind a multi-cloud strategy - Cloud Tech - August 14th, 2017
- Intel runs rule over new data centre storage design - Cloud Tech - August 14th, 2017