Zakir Ahmed, general manager for Asia of Oracle CAPAC Services, said the cloud computing model, which has gained popularity over on-premise computer facilities, will allow companies in Thailand to better leverage its technology edge.
Based on the Thailand 4.0 initiative, cloud solutions for business software will boost the countrys international competitiveness and accelerate the economic growth rate.
At present, Thailands GDP growth rate, projected to be 3-3.5 per cent this year, is still lagging behind other Asean countries whose average growth rate is 4.8 per cent per annum over the past decade.
According to Ahmed, the technology advantage using the cloud model is crucial to uplift economic growth because companies from small and medium-sized enterprise to big corporations need the latest business software to stay ahead of competition.
This digital transformation can be done better with cloud solutions for enterprise resource planning (ERP) software covering finance, supply chain, payroll and other management.
Besides ERP software, cloud solutions are also preferred for e-commerce, human resource (HR) and customer relationship management (CRM) software.
In terms of cost saving, he said, the cloud model means that companies do not have to invest heavily in new IT facilities but can get the software as a cloud-based service.
This will turn the IT spending into an operating expense instead of a capital expenditure while companies can pay for the service based on what they actually use.
The cloud model also has a time saving, he said, adding that new products and services can now be launched more quickly since IT facilities will be ready to make the launch possible within a matter of weeks or within 3-6 months rather than 1 or 2 years.
Thirdly, he said, the cloud model allows companies to focus on their innovation and core business so as to stay ahead of competition since IT and related services are outsourced.
In terms of security, he said, cloud-based facilities are better protected by the service providers who have more expertise when compared to on-premise computing facilities which could be more easily threatened by malware such as Wannacry and Petya.
Oracle, which acquired Netsuite last year, now operates a total of 25 data centres around the world, including those in China and India, that can provide business software services on the cloud. Given the scale, the service provider has more experts to ensure cyber-security than individual companies operating their own on-premise IT facilities.
At present, IT spending in Thailand is growing at an annual rate of 2.5 per cent with more companies expected to move their computing facilities to the cloud model. Ahmed said retail and wholesale as well as distribution and logistic sectors are among the top industries expected to take advantage of the cloud solutions.
In addition, manufacturing industries such as automotive, food and beverage firms as well as services like hotels, tourism, and healthcare businesses will likely turn to cloud solutions due to better value for money spent on the digital transformation.
See more here:
Thailand urged to opt for cloud computing – The Nation
- Microsoft may be all-in on cloud computing, but Azure ... - May 8th, 2019
- What is cloud computing? - Definition from WhatIs.com - March 4th, 2019
- Cloud - Wikipedia - February 19th, 2019
- Cloud computing: A complete guide | IBM - February 7th, 2019
- FusionCloud Full-Stack Private Cloud - Huawei Enterprise - February 4th, 2019
- What is cloud computing? | IBM - January 24th, 2019
- What Is Cloud Computing? | The Basics of Digital Outsourcing - January 22nd, 2019
- Cloud Computing - Yahoo - January 13th, 2019
- Best Sellers in Cloud Computing - amazon.com - January 2nd, 2019
- Cloud Computing Explained by Common Craft (VIDEO) - January 2nd, 2019
- Cloud Computing Trends: 2017 State of the Cloud Survey - December 25th, 2018
- Cloud Computing Overview - tutorialspoint.com - December 25th, 2018
- 15 Top Cloud Computing Service Provider Companies - December 25th, 2018
- Cloud computing: Hardware & Software Security: Online ... - December 23rd, 2018
- Cloud Solutions from Cisco - Cisco - December 23rd, 2018
- Cloud Computing | The MIT Press - December 23rd, 2018
- Learn Cloud Computing Tutorial - javatpoint - December 23rd, 2018
- Standards - IEEE Cloud Computing - December 23rd, 2018
- Benefits of cloud computing | IBM Cloud - November 10th, 2018
- Cloud Computing Trends: 2018 State of the Cloud Survey - November 10th, 2018
- What is cloud computing? - LinkedIn - November 5th, 2018
- What is cloud computing? | TechRadar - September 25th, 2018
- Cloud Computing 2nd Edition: 2018: Mr. Ray Rafaels ... - September 23rd, 2018
- Cloud Computing - Articles & Whitepapers | Oracle Technology ... - September 23rd, 2018
- Cloud Computing: Theory and Practice: Dan C. Marinescu ... - September 23rd, 2018
- Programming Lesson Plan: Program Your Partner - September 5th, 2018
- Cloud Computing | Definition of Cloud Computing by Merriam ... - July 26th, 2018
- Cloud computing information, news and tips ... - April 30th, 2018
- Cloud computing - A simple introduction - Explain that Stuff - March 15th, 2018
- Doug H. - Boston Cloud Computing Meetup (Boston, MA) | Meetup - December 16th, 2017
- Cloud computing at Ifes, IFs, and hospitals | RNP - December 16th, 2017
- Cisco and Google Find Mutual Interest in Cloud Computing ... - October 28th, 2017
- How to Invest in Cloud Computing -- The Motley Fool - October 28th, 2017
- What is cloud computing? Everything you need to know now ... - September 19th, 2017
- How The Automotive Industry Is Leveraging Cloud Computing - CXOToday.com - September 7th, 2017
- Huawei ups its bet on cloud computing with broader support for Microsoft apps - GeekWire - September 7th, 2017
- Cloud computing to drive Billabong's omnichannel experience - Chain Store Age - September 6th, 2017
- Cloud Computing Testbed Chameleon Renewed for Second Phase - HPCwire - September 6th, 2017
- The Software Alliance Advances Discussion on India's Cloud Computing Policy - ETAuto.com - September 6th, 2017
- Assessing Alibaba's Cloud Computing Opportunity - Market Realist - Market Realist - September 2nd, 2017
- 3 No-Brainer Stocks to Buy in Cloud Computing - Motley Fool - September 1st, 2017
- Telecom ponders future amid surging cloud computing popularity - TechTarget (blog) - September 1st, 2017
- Heads in the cloud: banks inch closer to cloud take-up - Risk.net (subscription) - August 31st, 2017
- Walmart Taps Nvidia for Massive Cloud to Take on Amazon - Fortune - August 31st, 2017
- Guest Commentary: Cloud computing tackles emerging cyber threats - Security Systems News - August 31st, 2017
- It's Only the Early Innings for Cloud Computing - Morningstar.com - August 29th, 2017
- What are the key benefits of cloud computing? - Information Age - August 29th, 2017
- VMworld 2017: Everything you need to know about VMware's hybrid cloud strategy - ZDNet - August 29th, 2017
- Saudi Telecom Company creates cloud computing giant - ComputerWeekly.com - August 29th, 2017
- Now with VMware and Pivotal, the Cloud Native Computing Foundation is becoming the hub of enterprise tech - GeekWire - August 29th, 2017
- Cloud Computing | HHS.gov - August 27th, 2017
- Oppo, Vivo plan to move cloud storage to India - Economic Times - August 27th, 2017
- Top 2 aspects of cloud computing you need to consi - Accountingweb.com (blog) - August 27th, 2017
- Biz Cloud Computing - Four States Homepage - August 27th, 2017
- Marketo decides to go all-in on cloud computing, and picks Google as its home - GeekWire - August 27th, 2017
- Cloud Computing Confirmed for Travers | TDN | Thoroughbred Daily ... - Thoroughbred Daily News - August 27th, 2017
- Why 2017 Is The Year To Understand Cloud Computing - Nasdaq - August 23rd, 2017
- Microsoft acquires cloud computing firm Cycle Computing to boost ... - The News Minute - August 23rd, 2017
- The Benefits of Multi-Cloud Computing Architectures for MSPs - MSPmentor - August 23rd, 2017
- VMware shares to surge more than 20% because the Amazon cloud threat is overblown: Analyst - CNBC - August 23rd, 2017
- Goldman Sachs just poured $45 million into a company picking up Amazon's slack in the cloud - Yahoo Finance - August 23rd, 2017
- Cloud Computing confirmed for Travers Stakes 2017 - Horse Racing ... - Horse Racing Nation - August 23rd, 2017
- Cloud computing in focus at e-Commerce forum - Oman Tribune - August 21st, 2017
- World's Largest Open Source Cloud Computing Summit to be Hosted in Sydney - Business Wire (press release) - August 21st, 2017
- AT&T, GE and Oracle offer juiciest cloud salaries, new data reveals - Cloud Tech - August 21st, 2017
- Cycle Computing will make Microsoft Azure more appealing to more enterprises - TechRepublic - August 21st, 2017
- Manage containers in cloud computing to prevent sprawl, cut costs - TechTarget - August 19th, 2017
- Business continuity is the ultimate killer application for cloud - ZDNet - August 19th, 2017
- Cyberattacks Rain Down on Cloud Computing Infrastructure ... - Bloomberg BNA - August 19th, 2017
- Brown to decide Monday if Cloud Computing runs in the Travers - Horse Racing Nation - August 19th, 2017
- Cloud computing reversal: From 'go away' to 'I can't miss out' - InfoWorld - August 18th, 2017
- Alibaba Stock: Why Cloud Computing Could Be Equivalent to AWS - BNL Finance (press release) (registration) (blog) - August 18th, 2017
- Microsoft Acquires A Cloud Technology Company From Right Under Google And Amazon's Noses - Inc.com - August 18th, 2017
- Alibaba's cloud computing revenue almost doubles - SiliconANGLE News (blog) - August 18th, 2017
- Big Data and Cloud Computing Software, Platforms, and Infrastructure 2017 - 2022 - Markets Insider - August 18th, 2017
- Microsoft acquires cloud-computing orchestration vendor Cycle Computing - ZDNet - August 16th, 2017
- Cloud computing decision guide: Breaking down 7 top solutions for healthcare - Healthcare IT News - August 16th, 2017
- Amazon: Earnings Are Not The Holy Grail - Seeking Alpha - August 16th, 2017
- Notes: Cloud Computing still in running for Travers - Albany Times Union - August 14th, 2017
- Assessing the key reasons behind a multi-cloud strategy - Cloud Tech - August 14th, 2017