Salesforce apps extend the functionality of the CRM cloud platform, and an online marketplace offers many choices. And there is little doubt that Salesforce is the leading value-added cloud business platform. But the maker of CRM software also had foresight to realize that not every business need could be anticipated. Or that one solution would be appropriate for every enterprise. So it set out to create a marketplace where independent software vendors (ISVs) could offer their wares for use in conjunction with Salesforcean exchange for Salesforce apps that is something like the App Store for iPhones.
Accordingly, Salesforce AppExchange was born in 2006. Experts state its about choice and giving customers freedom to build the best suite through best-of-breed applicationsnot something that comes out of the box and works for only a portion of businesses. Talkin Cloud asked industry insiders to discuss the more utilitarian Salesforce apps that add functionality for MSPs and other cloud businesses.
Salesforce Apps for Contracts and HR
Some of the stickiest problems cloud companies face include contract reviews and human resources (HR). Of course, there have been many standalone solutions designed to tackle these problems from DocuSign and Adobe Sign to PeopleSoft and Workdayin fact there are Workday Salesforce apps connectors. But there was something about building Salesforce apps atop Salesforce that motivated three C-level executives to leave DocuSign and go to Conga, a document and contract automation solution, which describes itself as No. 1 among all paid Salesforce apps in Salesforce AppExchange.
Conga Composer is one of the most popular and most downloaded apps on Salesforce AppExchange, says Sienna Quirk, product marketing director, Conga. Built on the Salesforce platform, Composer helps users optimize their Salesforce investment by removing roadblocks associated with document creation. Composer enables users to build and distribute robust, sophisticated documents including presentations, sales documents and reports by merging data from any standard or custom object into templates.
This should help customers save manual work every month, improve report generation time and eliminate excessive spending by automating document generation, according to Quirk. Composer is a slam dunk for big and small enterprises looking to cut admin tasks and streamline business processes, Quirk says.
For Salesforce apps that can make or break the job in HR, some industry insiders recommend Sage People, which transforms productivity among HR departments across the world. According to these experts, Sage People Salesforce apps enable increased engagement, performance and retention, while making it easier for companies to acquire talent. For example, a current Sage People customer improved productivity and reallocated time and resources with Salesforce, enabling one HR generalist to oversee 100 employees, versus 65 without the software.
Salesforce Apps for Professional Services, Financial Management
From a pipeline efficiency standpoint, professional services can be major beneficiaries of Salesforce apps. For example, according to its Salesforce AppExchange listing, Kimble is the most feature-rich professional services automation solution on the platform. It goes on to state that its proven end-to-end management solution reduces complexity across the business allowing Kimble clients to grow 25 percent faster than competitors.
It also claims users can benefit from performance metric accuracy that Kimble apps provide, including for utilization, effective rates, sales pipeline and revenue forecasting. According to Kimble, users find increased profitability, less time spent manually forecasting or sifting through leads and that processes allow for minimal monthly variability. As proof, Kimble says a current customer reduced monthly close dates from five days to one day due to Kimble software.
Of course, FinancialForce, which claims to be the No. 1 ERP solution native to Salesforce, has Salesforce apps available for professional services automation as well as financial management. Having heard from FinancialForce earlier in the year regarding the state of the cloud and Salesforce apps, the company is more specific now about how integrating its Salesforce apps into Salesforce works.
Native to the Salesforce platform, integration between the front and back office is streamlined and seamlessrather than bolted onenabling FinancialForce to unify data across the enterprise in real time, says Fred Studer, CMO, FinancialForce. By integrating predictive insights into its financial management, professional services automation and human capital management, FinancialForce allows businesses to optimize time and talent with customers at the center.
For example, FinancialForce customer Greenway Health, after a merger with two other companies, had three different service management systems. To keep its key business applications on one platformwith one customer record across CRM, finance and servicesGreenway selected FinancialForce professional services management. FinancialForce has saved the company 1,040 hours a year because it no longer wastes time identifying customers, opportunities, projects and schedules, Studer says.
Salesforce Apps to Protect Data Quality
We all know that a CRM system like Salesforce is only as good as its data. The various customer records that result from sales, leads, touches and so on need to be correctly correlated with the customer account information or it is useless. One of the largest hazards to this data quality comes from the possibility that duplicate accounts and account contacts may be created. Salesforce apps that can successfully execute data deduplication, or dedupe data, will go a long way toward protecting data quality.
At the end of the day, any database depends on the quality of data stored, says Amar Trivedi, president and founder, Amdee, a website design and development agency. Duplicate data is a menace. We have helped many clients clean up their Salesforce instance because it had duplicates. By using DupeCatcher Salesforce apps we know we will alleviate the possibility of duplicates and keep the database clean. With a clean database, clients can focus on making real connections and having accurate data to present to their boards and committees.
For example, Amdee works with clients who use Salesforce as a case management tool. And when cases are entered, contacts are created manually.
When we dont have a deduplicator, we end up with multiple contacts and accounts, Trivedi says. This creates a huge issue. Then you can have the same contact being served by two different case managers because they were created twice.
Emulate Deal Data in Salesforce Apps for Future Success
Every successful sales organization holds up its biggest deals that have been closed and challenges its salespeople to emulate them. Scientifically speaking, the art of the sale is just thatmore art than scienceSalesforce apps makers have made progress pushing the envelope. Salesforce apps have been developed that capture every step of the sales cyclefrom critical success factors that won deals to meeting and email trackingand dynamically add them to the system. Some of these are the most highly trafficked plugins on the Salesforce AppExchange.
The Bigtincan AI-powered sales app is the most downloaded sales-enablement app in Salesforce AppExchange, says David Keane, co-founder and CEO, Bigtincan, a mobile-first sales-enablement platform. Multichannel sales teams for MSPs use the app to gain on-demand access to marketing materials and sales data so they always have the right information at the right time during every phase of the sales cycle.
According to Keane, one of the biggest benefits for MSP sales teams is just-in-time learning. It enables them tap their portfolio of products to understand and address customers cloud needs, while having up-to-date information on their product portfolio.
Salespeople use the app to shift sales conversations quickly, without losing prospect interest, Keane says. Each and every user has the ability to seamlessly emulate successful deals gone by. The app is a de facto personal sales assistant that knows who the next meeting is with and what specific pieces of marketing content will resonate with them. The app uses AI to analyze historical knowledge of every related deal that has closed in the past, surfacing recommendations based on best practices.
Salesforce Apps for Sales Call Scheduling
Ask any salespersons and one of their top concerns will be the amount of time they have to devote to scheduling, confirming and completing sales calls. To resolve that issue, it seems an entirely new crop of scheduling Salesforce apps has come on the scene recently.
One problem can be the tendency for even top Salesforce growth hacks to make appointments outside of the CRM platform, where they go untracked. In fact, most calls, emails and social touches happen outside the system, according to some tech CEOs.
Salesforce is an indispensable tool for many sales teams, but it has one key gap: it doesnt help reps execute selling activities, says Manny Medina, CEO, Outreach, a sales engagement platform. This is where Outreach comes in. Reps do their work, and it automatically logs all activity in Salesforce and analyzes which activities drive the best outcomes so reps become more effective.
Outreach claims its customers land 30 percent more opportunities and drive 10 percent to 25 percent more revenue.
Another Salesforce apps maker, Confirmed, a one-click instant scheduler, thinks the solution to getting more sales appointments made and verified is to reduce the friction of the process. For example, if the customer is offered a range of times that fit her calendar and can choose one with a single mouse gesture, sales reps call quotas will fill much faster.
Confirmed makes it easier for your prospects to say yes to your meeting requests, and less likely to say no, says David Radin, CEO, Confirmed. Your invitations by email, SMS or LinkedIn allow your prospect to choose, in a single click, the best time to meet and the best place to meet. Then, follow-on workflow makes sure snafus dont happen due to mistakes in scheduling.
Confirmed claims its Salesforce apps increase customer meeting acceptance rate by 14 percent to 25 percent and decrease time and effort to schedule meetings for sales teams as well as logs reps communications into the appropriate Salesforce records.
Another competitor among scheduling Salesforce apps, TimeTrade, actually does function directly within Salesforce, and helps users leverage the power and experience of Salesforce in a new way, according to the company. Benefits to sales teams using TimeTrade include:
An appointment-driven, personalization solution, TimeTrade empowers businesses to connect with their customers, partners and employees in new ways, says Gary Ambrosino, CEO, TimeTrade. Customers can book and receive meetings from within Salesforce to generate more qualified leads, hold more conversations and close deals faster.
According to TimeTrade, more than 500 of the worlds most successful brandsincluding the largest banks, retailers and healthcare systemsrely on TimeTrade to power live customer conversations and improve the customer experience.
Originally posted here:
Salesforce Apps Add Functionality to Cloud Computing – Talkin’ Cloud
- Cloud computing information, news and tips ... - April 30th, 2018
- Cloud computing - A simple introduction - Explain that Stuff - March 15th, 2018
- Doug H. - Boston Cloud Computing Meetup (Boston, MA) | Meetup - December 16th, 2017
- Cloud computing at Ifes, IFs, and hospitals | RNP - December 16th, 2017
- Cisco and Google Find Mutual Interest in Cloud Computing ... - October 28th, 2017
- How to Invest in Cloud Computing -- The Motley Fool - October 28th, 2017
- What is cloud computing? Everything you need to know now ... - September 19th, 2017
- How The Automotive Industry Is Leveraging Cloud Computing - CXOToday.com - September 7th, 2017
- Huawei ups its bet on cloud computing with broader support for Microsoft apps - GeekWire - September 7th, 2017
- Cloud computing to drive Billabong's omnichannel experience - Chain Store Age - September 6th, 2017
- Cloud Computing Testbed Chameleon Renewed for Second Phase - HPCwire - September 6th, 2017
- The Software Alliance Advances Discussion on India's Cloud Computing Policy - ETAuto.com - September 6th, 2017
- Assessing Alibaba's Cloud Computing Opportunity - Market Realist - Market Realist - September 2nd, 2017
- 3 No-Brainer Stocks to Buy in Cloud Computing - Motley Fool - September 1st, 2017
- Telecom ponders future amid surging cloud computing popularity - TechTarget (blog) - September 1st, 2017
- Heads in the cloud: banks inch closer to cloud take-up - Risk.net (subscription) - August 31st, 2017
- Walmart Taps Nvidia for Massive Cloud to Take on Amazon - Fortune - August 31st, 2017
- Guest Commentary: Cloud computing tackles emerging cyber threats - Security Systems News - August 31st, 2017
- It's Only the Early Innings for Cloud Computing - Morningstar.com - August 29th, 2017
- What are the key benefits of cloud computing? - Information Age - August 29th, 2017
- VMworld 2017: Everything you need to know about VMware's hybrid cloud strategy - ZDNet - August 29th, 2017
- Saudi Telecom Company creates cloud computing giant - ComputerWeekly.com - August 29th, 2017
- Now with VMware and Pivotal, the Cloud Native Computing Foundation is becoming the hub of enterprise tech - GeekWire - August 29th, 2017
- Cloud Computing | HHS.gov - August 27th, 2017
- Oppo, Vivo plan to move cloud storage to India - Economic Times - August 27th, 2017
- Top 2 aspects of cloud computing you need to consi - Accountingweb.com (blog) - August 27th, 2017
- Biz Cloud Computing - Four States Homepage - August 27th, 2017
- Marketo decides to go all-in on cloud computing, and picks Google as its home - GeekWire - August 27th, 2017
- Cloud Computing Confirmed for Travers | TDN | Thoroughbred Daily ... - Thoroughbred Daily News - August 27th, 2017
- Why 2017 Is The Year To Understand Cloud Computing - Nasdaq - August 23rd, 2017
- Microsoft acquires cloud computing firm Cycle Computing to boost ... - The News Minute - August 23rd, 2017
- The Benefits of Multi-Cloud Computing Architectures for MSPs - MSPmentor - August 23rd, 2017
- VMware shares to surge more than 20% because the Amazon cloud threat is overblown: Analyst - CNBC - August 23rd, 2017
- Goldman Sachs just poured $45 million into a company picking up Amazon's slack in the cloud - Yahoo Finance - August 23rd, 2017
- Cloud Computing confirmed for Travers Stakes 2017 - Horse Racing ... - Horse Racing Nation - August 23rd, 2017
- Cloud computing in focus at e-Commerce forum - Oman Tribune - August 21st, 2017
- World's Largest Open Source Cloud Computing Summit to be Hosted in Sydney - Business Wire (press release) - August 21st, 2017
- AT&T, GE and Oracle offer juiciest cloud salaries, new data reveals - Cloud Tech - August 21st, 2017
- Cycle Computing will make Microsoft Azure more appealing to more enterprises - TechRepublic - August 21st, 2017
- Manage containers in cloud computing to prevent sprawl, cut costs - TechTarget - August 19th, 2017
- Business continuity is the ultimate killer application for cloud - ZDNet - August 19th, 2017
- Thailand urged to opt for cloud computing - The Nation - August 19th, 2017
- Cyberattacks Rain Down on Cloud Computing Infrastructure ... - Bloomberg BNA - August 19th, 2017
- Brown to decide Monday if Cloud Computing runs in the Travers - Horse Racing Nation - August 19th, 2017
- Cloud computing reversal: From 'go away' to 'I can't miss out' - InfoWorld - August 18th, 2017
- Alibaba Stock: Why Cloud Computing Could Be Equivalent to AWS - BNL Finance (press release) (registration) (blog) - August 18th, 2017
- Microsoft Acquires A Cloud Technology Company From Right Under Google And Amazon's Noses - Inc.com - August 18th, 2017
- Alibaba's cloud computing revenue almost doubles - SiliconANGLE News (blog) - August 18th, 2017
- Big Data and Cloud Computing Software, Platforms, and Infrastructure 2017 - 2022 - Markets Insider - August 18th, 2017
- Microsoft acquires cloud-computing orchestration vendor Cycle Computing - ZDNet - August 16th, 2017
- Cloud computing decision guide: Breaking down 7 top solutions for healthcare - Healthcare IT News - August 16th, 2017
- Amazon: Earnings Are Not The Holy Grail - Seeking Alpha - August 16th, 2017
- Notes: Cloud Computing still in running for Travers - Albany Times Union - August 14th, 2017
- Assessing the key reasons behind a multi-cloud strategy - Cloud Tech - August 14th, 2017
- Intel runs rule over new data centre storage design - Cloud Tech - August 14th, 2017
- 5 Stocks to Cash In on Cloud Computing - Kiplinger Personal Finance - August 13th, 2017
- Global Cloud Computing Market 2017- Amazon Web Services, Aliyun, Microsoft Azure, IBM and Google Cloud Platform - Perfect Analyst - August 13th, 2017
- Global Cloud Computing Market in Education Sector to Grow at a CAGR of 26% by 2021: Key Vendors are Adobe ... - PR Newswire (press release) - August 12th, 2017
- Global Bus Switch IC Market 2017-2021 - Growing Demand for Cloud Computing and IoT - PR Newswire (press release) - August 11th, 2017
- Amazon Web Services chooses its Kubernetes path, joins Cloud ... - GeekWire - August 11th, 2017
- AWS joins the Cloud Native Computing Foundation | TechCrunch - TechCrunch - August 11th, 2017
- Cloud computing security - JD Supra (press release) - August 11th, 2017
- Global Cloud Computing Market in Education Sector to Grow at a CAGR of 26% by 2021: Driven by the Increasing ... - Business Wire (press release) - August 10th, 2017
- Cloud job roles soar but salaries not accelerating with it - Cloud Tech - August 9th, 2017
- Microsoft Reorg Reflects Accelerated Cloud Push - Redmondmag.com - August 9th, 2017
- IBM sues to stop former executive from working at cloud computing ... - Westfair Online - August 8th, 2017
- Cisco admits to losing Meraki customer data in 'erroneous policy change' - Cloud Tech - August 8th, 2017
- Cloud computing is becoming more and more important for businesses - Information Age - August 8th, 2017
- Edge computing could push the cloud to the fringe | TechCrunch - TechCrunch - August 5th, 2017
- Cloud computing cybersecurity can stop hacking and ransomware - CNBC - August 4th, 2017
- Top 5: Books about cloud computing - TechRepublic - August 4th, 2017
- MissionOG Exits Cloud Computing Analytics Provider Cloudamize - Markets Insider - August 4th, 2017
- Cloud Computing and Collaborative MBSE Comes to HyperWorks - ENGINEERING.com - August 3rd, 2017
- Cloud Computing in Industrial IoT: Market for Cloud support of IIoT by Software, Platforms, Infrastructure (SaaS ... - Business Wire (press release) - August 1st, 2017
- Cloud Computing Market in Latin America 2016-2020 - Key vendors are Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft, IBM ... - Business Wire (press release) - August 1st, 2017
- The dangers of cloud computing: Is your information safe? - NY ... - New York Daily News - July 31st, 2017
- Four in five firms say they avoid running sensitive data in the public cloud - Cloud Tech - July 31st, 2017
- Amazon Miss Sparks Debate: Will Video Pay Off Like Cloud ... - Investor's Business Daily - July 31st, 2017
- RMU offers new course in Amazon cloud computing with eyes on ... - Pittsburgh Post-Gazette - July 31st, 2017
- The central role of the server in open networking - Cloud Tech - July 31st, 2017