Q: What can you tell us about your currency?
Karbowanec is Ukrainian local altcoin, based on CryptoNote technology. In Ukrainian language its called Karbovanets but to make it easier to read and pronounce for worldwide users we use shortened name Karbo and are shifting to this brand. Karbovanets was Ukrainian historical currency, now its obsolete, so we resurrected it in digital form, which is quite typical for many national cryptocurrencies. Karbovanets is very well know word, with very strong associations with money in Ukraine, also well known in Russia and other neighbouring countries. It sounds familiar to people, which makes it more easy to adopt.
Besides, the economical situation in Ukraine is catastrophic, given the huge inflation of official national currency Karbo might be an escape for citizens looking for a stable and growing decentralized alternative. Thats why we described ourselves as an altcoin an alternative to official currency be it paper money or official cryptocurrency launched by government.
Q: What type of services exist or can we expect in the future?
As a proof of capability and demo we made top up service, where people can top up their mobile phones for Karbo. Its limited to Ukrainian networks at the moment, but we might enlarge its geography.
Were making services for merchants which will enable them to accept Karbo as much easily and hassle free as we could do. We have significant progress, but these services are not ready yet to be revealed. We will announce and open them when they are ready.
Q: Are you targeting the consumer or Business Market? If so, how does the business model work?
Primarily consumer market. As I said, we are developing payment gateways, and are going to engage as many merchants as possible to accept Karbo. We also put a lot of efforts to make wallets software easy to use, especially for general public unfamiliar with cryptocurrencies. We hope to make paying and accepting payments in Karbo easy and fun. Karbo is designated to be local currency for the benefits of local vendors and customers. We want to create an ecosystem around it. However, its not strictly geographical. Localism and national flavor doesnt mean it cant be used worldwide. Concerning business market, being private cryptocurrency, Karbo might be interesting for businesses if it will have active users and enough liquidity. It is because I dont imagine making business using transparent blockchain to make payments for obvious reasons. Where people dont care that someones tracking their payments, business wouldnt want their competition to do so, for example.
Q: What are the details around the most important project youre working on currently?
We made decent desktop wallet and constantly improve its functionality. We are going to make Karbo wallets even more easy to use, convenient and intuitive. The CryptoNote tech gave us advantage in increased privacy but also problems and growing pains, other altcoins doesnt have, for CryptoNote theres not much ready to use goodies available. We even had to make wallet software compatible with cyrillic ourselves it even wasnt working with non-latin letters, which was necessary for us, because in Ukraine cyrillic is used. Now our wallet is the only CryptoNote wallet fully compatible with cyrillic. As an example, where other altcoin based on Bitcoin gets mobile wallet as a heritage ready to use, we dont have it and have to make it ourselves. This is one of our priorities too.
But now the most important for us is to get merchants on board. Without merchants that will accept Karbo, it will be just another coin for speculation on exchanges. Now we are focused on this easy shopping with Karbo for both, customers and merchants.
Q: How does the competition compare?
Karbo was started right before the rise of interest in privacy oriented currencies. What makes us different from other national altcoins is CryptoNote technology, that makes Karbo an anonymous coin. But anonymity in fact is a side effect. We decided to use this tech because we believe that privacy is a must for a currency which is targeted to be used as money. Thanks to CryptoNote, Karbo transactions are unlincable and untraceable, that gives Karbo very important feature that cash has, namely, fungibility. It means that every Karbo coin has equal value and are interchangeable. This gives us advantages over other national cryptocurrencies and over Bitcoin. Moreover, Karbo can also be more familiar looking alternative to foreign and unknown Bitcoin in its target area. Especially comparing low fees, speed of transactions, and, most important, fungibility and privacy.
Q: The market has many players, what differentiates you?
The above mentiond, and the fact that Karbo was launched with zero premine, no worthless giveaways and airdrops, no ICO. And by now it has small but strong and developing community and userbase. And if we succeed it will be thanks to our users. We are local currency, being actually used by people, not just by investors and day traders for speculative purposes. And were going to go further in this direction. Also Kabo has strictly monetary function, no any additional features, we dont want it to be sonic screwdriver.
Q: Could you tell us more about your achievements in this?
People top up phones for Karbo already.
Q: Could you tell us more about where you see Blockchain technology in the future?
Its disruptive technology, and can quickly and insensibly change our lives just like Internet did. We want to be part of this. We hope that open and transparent Blockchain used in government will change our country for better, in the same time, we believe that people have right to retain their privacy, including financial privacy, thats why we hope that Karbo will be used for this purpose. We dont like where so called cashless society is heading with digital money, thats why we propose an alternative with opaque blockchain. Digital, fungible, and private. And its not aboud buying drugs or tax evasion. Privacy and financial confidentiality just has to be provided by a cryptocurrency that aims to be actually used.
- GoChain (GO): Here's Why This Altcoin Might $GO All The ... - November 10th, 2018
- Find The Best Bitcoin, Altcoin, or Multi-Cryptocurrency ... - November 10th, 2018
- Altcoins Explained | The Best Altcoin Guide for the Beginning ... - October 3rd, 2018
- Altcoin.io | The cryptocurrency exchange of the future | Wefunder - September 30th, 2018
- Android Bitcoin ~ Altcoin Price Ticker ~ Coin Maker - September 4th, 2018
- 7 Altcoin Exchanges Without KYC & AML - CoinSutra - August 22nd, 2018
- Altcoin News Archives - Ethereum World News - August 7th, 2018
- How to Choose Which Altcoin to Invest In? - Coinidol.com - August 7th, 2018
- Altcoin News | Altcoin News today | Latest Altcoin News - July 27th, 2018
- USING ALTCOIN TRADER - rsainvestments.blogspot.com - June 24th, 2018
- Guide: Compiling an altcoin daemon in Ubuntu Linux ... - May 31st, 2018
- Top 3 Altcoin Trading Exchanges - [Reviews and Ratings] - May 27th, 2018
- PacCoin VPS Masternode Guide AltCoin Guide - May 12th, 2018
- Asian Cryptocurrency Trading Roundup: Top Altcoin is Tron ... - May 10th, 2018
- Alternate Cryptocurrencies aka altcoins r/altcoin - reddit - May 9th, 2018
- Garzik Forks UnitedBitcoin Away from "Maximalists" to Support Altcoin ... - April 13th, 2018
- Bitcoin, Altcoin and Cryptography explained - April 4th, 2018
- ZClassic and the Bitcoin Private fork : altcoin - March 4th, 2018
- Altcoin Trustworthy Decentralized Cryptocurrency Exchange? - March 4th, 2018
- Blockfolio Bitcoin Altcoin App on the App Store - March 4th, 2018
- Morning Asian Altcoin Trading Roundup: the leader is Tron - February 28th, 2018
- Webinar: Bitcoin Overshadowed by Altcoin Surge - Nasdaq.com - February 12th, 2018
- Bitcoin Mine News Bitcoin & Altcoin Mining & Trading News - January 7th, 2018
- Ethereum, Litecoin Prices Headline $20 Billion Altcoin Rally - January 7th, 2018
- What is an Altcoin? - CryptoCurrency Facts - January 4th, 2018
- What is an Altcoin? - ccn.com - December 20th, 2017
- Trading Bitcoin for an Altcoin Won't Shield You From the IRS ... - December 20th, 2017
- Buy or Sell Bitcoin, Litecoin, Altcoin Multi Crypto Currency ... - December 20th, 2017
- Altcoin Exchange Performs First Atomic Swap Between Bitcoin ... - December 6th, 2017
- GitHub - ander7agar/altcoin-rpc: A modern Bitcoin Core REST ... - December 2nd, 2017
- Altcoins - BTCMANAGER - November 28th, 2017
- Markets Update: Bitcoin Bull-Run Primes Altcoin Markets for ... - November 25th, 2017
- Altcoin Exchange, the Decentralized Cryptocurrency Exchange ... - October 17th, 2017
- Altcoin Watchlist | Meet & Learn Cryptocurrencies - October 4th, 2017
- CryptoCurrency Investing: Research and Due-Diligence ... - September 6th, 2017
- ATC Coin Review: ATCC altcoin with massively inflated ... - September 5th, 2017
- JRM Altcoin Update - Quit chasing the headlines! - YouTube - September 4th, 2017
- Bitcoin Cash Statistics Confirm BCH is Just Another Altcoin - Live Bitcoin News - September 2nd, 2017
- Which Altcoins to Buy This Week? (31st of August, 2017) - Live Bitcoin News - September 1st, 2017
- OpenBazaar Developers May Introduce Altcoin Support in the Near Future - The Merkle - August 27th, 2017
- Exante launches XAI, the world's first altcoin fund - GlobeNewswire (press release) - August 25th, 2017
- ALTCOIN | Bitcoin Insider - August 23rd, 2017
- Altcoin Forum - Alternative Cryptocurrecies Location - August 23rd, 2017
- Op Ed: Drivechains Could Kill Off the Altcoin Market - August 22nd, 2017
- Nakamoto Institute Daniel Krawisz: I Don't Like Altcoins, but I Like Forks - Bitcoin News (press release) - August 22nd, 2017
- Bithumb, Highest Volume Exchange Globally, Adds Monero - Inside Bitcoins - August 22nd, 2017
- One-Man Band To Create The Second Altcoin Forum In The World - Coin Idol (press release) - August 18th, 2017
- When altcoin life imitates art - FT Alphaville (registration) - August 14th, 2017
- ALTCOIN CAPITAL - Trusted Crypto Traders - August 12th, 2017
- Overstock Now Accepts Various Altcoins for Payment - Including ... - Bitcoin News (press release) - August 10th, 2017
- What are Altcoins and ICOs Bitcoin Whiteboard Tuesday - 99 Bitcoins (blog) - August 9th, 2017
- Cryptocurrency Symbol BCC Belongs to BitConnect Coin, Not Bitcoin Cash - Markets Insider - August 8th, 2017
- Crypto-Startup Hubcoin Announces Distribution of Pre-Mined HUB to Altcoin Developers - Bitcoinist - August 3rd, 2017
- This Altcoin Is Ready to Challenge Bitcoin's Domination of the ... - Futurism - July 31st, 2017
- Beginning of altcoin's end: US signals digital coins may be subject to federal securities law - CalvinAyre.com - July 31st, 2017
- All Major Indian Exchanges Reject Bitcoin Cash Completely - Live Bitcoin News - July 31st, 2017
- Global Advisors Launches ICO and Altcoin Closed-End Private Fund - Finance Magnates - July 31st, 2017
- USING ALTCOIN TRADER - rsainvestments.blogspot.co.za - Google - July 9th, 2017
- Payza Commits to Cryptocurrency: Unveils Full Bitcoin Services, Introduces Altcoin Exchanges - CoinDesk - July 7th, 2017
- What is an Altcoin? Bitcoin Magazine - July 7th, 2017
- CryptoPing completes $2.5 million ICO to further develop altcoin trading intel bot - CryptoNinjas - July 4th, 2017
- Saturday Slump: Ethereum, Bitcoin Prices Headline Crypto Market Downturn - CryptoCoinsNews - July 1st, 2017
- Monday Massacre: Bitcoin, Ethereum Lead the Way as Cryptocurrencies Retreat into the Red - CryptoCoinsNews - June 26th, 2017
- Altcoin signal app CryptoPing set to conclude ICO with over $1m already raised - CryptoNinjas - June 25th, 2017
- EasyMINE: Altcoin Mining for Everyone - Coin Idol (press release) - June 22nd, 2017
- Altcoin 2017 Forecast: Litecoin (LTC), Peercoin (PPC ... - June 18th, 2017
- Which Altcoins To Buy This Week (16th of June, 2017) - Live Bitcoin News - June 17th, 2017
- Bitcoin Altcoin Trader Price Analysis - June 13th, 2017
- 'Real Businesses are Using Waves', Says Rep as Altcoin Crosses $600 Million Market Cap - CryptoCoinsNews - June 11th, 2017
- Altcoin Definition | Investopedia - June 9th, 2017
- Top 6 Altcoin Exchanges you may Have Never Heard of - The Merkle - June 8th, 2017
- Which Altcoins To Buy This Week (6th of June, 2017)? - Live Bitcoin News - June 6th, 2017
- Altcoin intel bot CryptoPing ICO now live - CryptoNinjas - June 5th, 2017
- Bitcoin (BTC), Ethereum Just The Tip Of The Iceberg For Cryptocurrencies - ETF Daily News (blog) - May 30th, 2017
- All Top 20 Altcoins Fall By At Least 30%, Ripple Down to $6.2 Billion - CryptoCoinsNews - May 28th, 2017
- CryptoPing, the Cryptocurrency Bot that Monitors Altcoin Markets. ICO in 48 Hours! - FinSMEs (blog) - May 24th, 2017
- Which Altcoins To Buy This Week? (May 22nd, 2017) - Live Bitcoin News - May 24th, 2017
- Altcoin Price Increases and How CryptoPing May Help Traders - The Merkle - May 24th, 2017
- Another crypto bubble and the rise of altcoin markets - Brave New Coin - May 15th, 2017
- CryptoPing Altcoin Intelligence Bot Announces ICO - The Merkle - May 15th, 2017